Need info on heater/defroster fan attachment

My 50 chrysler's heater fan under the dash is not attached to the windshield vent. Regular flexible tubing will attach to blower end but there is nothing to attach it onto the vent. Can someone give me info on what goes on that windshield vent? Haven't been able to find much info on it. Is it plastic or something else? I've called around and no one has any part and I have been unable to find any pictures of the missing part. How does one attach the blower fan to the vent? Thanks.

Thanks C49er. Unfortunately these pics don't show the one area I need to know: where the hose coming off the blower attaches to the defroster vent. I appreciate your effort. Can you tell me if there is a part that connects the hose to the vent and if its plastic (like the vent) or if its fiberboard or some other material?

I'll have to get the car down to take a picture tomorrow for you.

No plastic is used on the heater system anywhere on a 49-50 chrysler. There's a metal round pipe connection up high right above the glove box that the hose in my picture goes to.. for the defrost air.

Bob

The metal pipe you describe is not on my vehicle. That's my problem. A picture will help identify it. I have not been able to locate that part through any mopar suppliers, including Andy Bernbaum. Might have to have it made. Thanks for your efforts.

David Berkham

That standing on your head thing isn't very fun is it?

I will be looking for a hose soon, I hope it isn't some odd size.

I had the heater recored and I am going to run it on 12 volts thru the original switch, that should keep the windows defrosted on those cold mornings.

dberkham, post your results with some dimensions if you would please.