Questions on a 1912 metz

Guest mattgixxer1

Guest mattgixxer1

I have a 1912 Mets modle 22 special roadsteer i belive and i am trying to figure out a couple things. Would anyone on hereknow how to check the oil level, got it running and changed oil not sure how muck to run in it put 4 quarts in to start. Also there is a brass tank mounted above the carb which looks like it mite drip oil into the injection side of the pump maybe to lubricate cylinders i have a couple pics of it below if any body could tell ne the function and what type of oil to put in it

post-101454-143143010253_thumb.jpg

post-101454-143143009989_thumb.jpg

The brass tank above the carb is an aftermarket thing. Maybe it held Marvel Mystery Oil or something(?) You can check your oil level with the petcock on the side if the oil pan. The Ford T has a similar set-up, but with two petcocks. The oil should just drip out when level is correct.

Phil

I see your car is currently on eBay. It looks like a "Special Roadster," which was a slightly stripped-down regular roadster sold at a lower price. It was painted this red/orange color. By the way, the Metz engine takes "long-reach" spark plugs like the Champion 32.

Phil

post-52500-143143011464_thumb.jpg