Gas Tanks

Guest Doc Harley

Guest Doc Harley

Does anyone know where I can get a new ( repop) gas tank or a good rust free used gas tank for a 1930 chevy sedan?

Thanks Doc

Depending on where you live , you may look into having a good tin shop make one for you. I had one made for my '36 Dodge and it's an exact repro with rolled and soldered seams It was made with galvanized tin and the smith soldered in all the outlets, the filler pipe, the sender unit reinforcement and the baffle inside. At the time it cost about $350.00

Guest AlCapone

Try The Filling Station. I got one for my 1931 Chev. Good people to deal with but shipping can be a shocker! Wayne

Doc,

I have several early used chevy gas tanks in a range of conditions. Where are you located, are minor dents a concern, and do you still have the original tank so you can measure sender position?

Send me a pm if you are interested in a used tank.

Dave

Guest Doc Harley

Thanks Dave, I decided I'm gonna restore this one. Again, Thanks for the offer. You never know what you mite need.

Tkanks

Doc Harley

Guest Doc Harley
Nice thread, same question as OP

o.png

Hi, I'm new at this....... What does op mean?

Also , what does pm mean?

Thanks

op-original poster, the one who started the topic

pm-private message, for reaching someone directly

Sure can tell who is a Texter and whose is not. I'm not, but I did like this Thread and that Link to the tank place is a great piece of info.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Doc Harley
Doc,

I have several early used chevy gas tanks in a range of conditions. Where are you located, are minor dents a concern, and do you still have the original tank so you can measure sender position?

Send me a pm if you are interested in a used tank.

Dave

Thanks Dave for the carb info. I tryed to reply to your pm but I guess I goofed up. Don't know who I replyed to. Can't seem to get the hang of this site. I think you are the guy that referred me to a chevy club site for carbs, if so Thanks a lot. I will try to get to site & check out carb. Not sure I am doing this rite by replying this way. Don't know what else to do.

Again, Thanks, I really apreachat your help

Doc