1969 Convertible Oldsmobile 442 Tahitian Blue & White Restored to Original Condition

Guest joesclassics

Guest joesclassics

Looking for the ultimate head turner... this California Classic Convertible 442 Oldsmobile is a very fast car and in excellent restored condition... contact me for more pics or questions by email or text 513-383-4844

Thanks,

Joepost-107576-143143006841_thumb.jpg

post-107576-143143006839_thumb.jpg

post-107576-143143006844_thumb.jpg

Edited by joesclassics (see edit history)

Guest joesclassics

I am a private collector... not a dealer. You know what they say about the word "assume"... Why would you think I'm a dealer? I wish I was, so I didn't have to pat sales tax :-)

Guest joesclassics

Like I told the other guy... I am not a dealer... These are my own cars in my collection... maybe this is not the place for top quality cars but I thought it might be. The cars are in Cincinnati, Ohio and this car like all my cars are up for bid to the highest interested party... make an realistic offer if interested and you can own it.

Thanks for looking,

Joe

Guest joesclassics

If I did this for a living as a dealer, I would go broke. I retired as the CEO & Founder of 5 major companies in my career (none as a dealer or car company of any kind) I just love the Classics... but thanks for the high praise.

If I did this for a living as a dealer, I would go broke. I retired as the CEO & Founder of 5 major companies in my career (none as a dealer or car company of any kind) I just love the Classics... but thanks for the high praise.

I am not trying to offend you but if you are not a dealer then you are what we call a flipper. This forum is for cars that we have restored and are ready to let go of. When I retire I intend to do what you are doing so no hard feelings. Their is a forum for folks who want to sell cars for a profit.

Just an FYI - most states have a definition of "Car dealer" whereby you would be required to become a licensed dealer.

In Ohio the definition (from the DMV guidelines) is:

"Even if you don't intend to be in the motor vehicle business, you will have to obtain a dealer's license if you sell more than 5 vehicles, even privately, within a period of 12 months."

New York is even tighter - you have to obtain a dealer license if:

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->

• You display 3 vehicles or more for sale at 1 time on premises that you own or control
  • You display 3 vehicles or more for sale within 1 month at such a location
  • You sell 5 vehicles or more in a 12 months

Just wanted to point that out so you don't end up on the wrong side of an argument with the state. They do keep track and they generally are not very forgiving where money is involved.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->

Like I told the other guy... I am not a dealer... These are my own cars in my collection... maybe this is not the place for top quality cars but I thought it might be. The cars are in Cincinnati, Ohio and this car like all my cars are up for bid to the highest interested party... make an realistic offer if interested and you can own it.

Thanks for looking,

Joe

Joe,

I am infrequent poster but daily reader of this forum including the Buy/Sell. I love to see nice and non customized cars posted on here regardless of being a dealer or a flipper. One of the frequent dealers that post is member of the AACA's Ohio Region Northern Chapter. Another AACA member/dealer from Northern Ohio has wonderful videos on nicely restored cars showing them running. I will raise holly hell if they are prevented from posting. I am also a Life AACA member and officer of the local AACA Ohio Region's Southern Ohio Chapter. I have five old cars from 1909 -1970 plus a HPOF 1984 Motorhome I showed at Hershey last year. I may want to sell some of them too some day and not one at a time. So do not let the wanabe forum police upset you. That said, most of us like to see opening price or best offer and location. I also would love to have you join us on a local event or tour. My wife and I are hosting a lunch at Camp Washington Chili and a visit to the American Sign Museum on March 21. We have monthly driving tours in Southwest Ohio scheduled starting in April. Most of us drive cars like yours but I hope to drive my 1912 McLaughlin-Buick this year on a few after 9 months of rebuilding it's rear end and installation that will take place this weekend. Please sent me a private message so I can send you are local Newsletter the Gauge.

Thanks,

Tom Muth

Cincinnati, Ohio

Joe,

I am infrequent poster but daily reader of this forum including the Buy/Sell. I love to see nice and non customized cars posted on here regardless of being a dealer or a flipper. One of the frequent dealers that post is member of the AACA's Ohio Region Northern Chapter. Another AACA member/dealer from Northern Ohio has wonderful videos on nicely restored cars showing them running. I will raise holly hell if they are prevented from posting. I am also a Life AACA member and officer of the local AACA Ohio Region's Southern Ohio Chapter. I have five old cars from 1909 -1970 plus a HPOF 1984 Motorhome I showed at Hershey last year. I may want to sell some of them too some day and not one at a time. So do not let the wanabe forum police upset you. That said, most of us like to see opening price or best offer and location. I also would love to have you join us on a local event or tour. My wife and I are hosting a lunch at Camp Washington Chili and a visit to the American Sign Museum on March 21. We have monthly driving tours in Southwest Ohio scheduled starting in April. Most of us drive cars like yours but I hope to drive my 1912 McLaughlin-Buick this year on a few after 9 months of rebuilding it's rear end and installation that will take place this weekend. Please sent me a private message so I can send you are local Newsletter the Gauge.

Thanks,

Tom Muth

Cincinnati, Ohio

Tom - I don't appreciate the wannabe forum police label. I stated my point and did it without any name calling.

Looking for the ultimate head turner... this California Classic Convertible 442 Oldsmobile is a very fast car and in excellent restored condition... contact me for more pics or questions by email or text 513-383-4844

Thanks,

Joe[ATTACH=CONFIG]298653[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]298651[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]298652[/ATTACH]

Of course, if it really were restored to "original condition", it wouldn't have incorrect side stripes, incorrect wheels, or what appears to be a 350 engine. :rolleyes:

I am a private collector... not a dealer. You know what they say about the word "assume"... Why would you think I'm a dealer? I wish I was, so I didn't have to pat sales tax :-)

Your moniker of 'joesclassics' is what would make a lot of people, including me, come up with the idea that you are a dealer. Now I know better.

Of course, if it really were restored to "original condition", it wouldn't have incorrect side stripes, incorrect wheels, or what appears to be a 350 engine. :rolleyes:
It appears the side striping are for a '70. I'm willing to bet Joe knows the differences between a 350 and 400.

Surely the ad wouldn't be kicked off because the car has a paint scheme from one year away from its year of manufacture ?

And for everyone that writes a post of praise or otherwise,

I'm sure Joesclassics appreciates the bump to the top of the list....

Surely the ad wouldn't be kicked off because the car has a paint scheme from one year away from its year of manufacture ?

And for everyone that writes a post of praise or otherwise,

I'm sure Joesclassics appreciates the bump to the top of the list....

We should also comment on the two other cars he listed at the same time as this one...

Guest joesclassics

Tom:

Thanks so much for the support... They don't offend me at all ... I have had dozens of employees over the years that think like they do... I

t's like dealing with the $8/hr receptionist that you find in a doctor or dentist's office; that one woman, who controls the time of her Million dollar/yr boss and she usually acts like a tough B...tch /door-blocker, who shuts down every salesman that tries to get through the door to see the doctor.

My personal cars are still up and if they find a true buyer here... great, and if they don't... well, that's life. Maybe the top collectors of valuable cars are using other sites because of the attitude of some closed minded members on here... & if that is so, that is too bad for the true collectors and sellers on this site.

Thanks,

Joe

Cincinnati, Ohio

Guest joesclassics
We should also comment on the two other cars he listed at the same time as this one...
It's a nice car and I especially like the color.

If I were in the market, I would certainly be tempted

Thanks!!

Guest joesclassics
Just an FYI - most states have a definition of "Car dealer" whereby you would be required to become a licensed dealer.

In Ohio the definition (from the DMV guidelines) is:

"Even if you don't intend to be in the motor vehicle business, you will have to obtain a dealer's license if you sell more than 5 vehicles, even privately, within a period of 12 months."

New York is even tighter - you have to obtain a dealer license if:

• You display 3 vehicles or more for sale at 1 time on premises that you own or control
  • You display 3 vehicles or more for sale within 1 month at such a location
  • You sell 5 vehicles or more in a 12 months

Just wanted to point that out so you don't end up on the wrong side of an argument with the state. They do keep track and they generally are not very forgiving where money is involved.

You sir... are correct! & FYI: I have not sold a single car this year; so once I have sold a few in my collection, I'll wait till next year to sell some others... unless of course, I decide to get a dealer's license :-) & FYI #2: The state loves true collectors like me ... because we pay full tax on all our vehicles... and we do NOT skip title like half of the other wantabe car guys that flip cars & comment against real private owners like me.

Joe, There are several dealers who advertise on this site so I am not sure what the issue is even if you were a dealer which you are not. I enjoy the buy/sell forum as I am actively looking to buy another collector car. I would be sorry if the few dealers were excluded. So long as the rules about displaying location and price are met what is the problem anyway?

Nice car by the way!

Guest joesclassics
I did not know it was OK for dealers to advertise here?

A door we may not want to open?

You should research and know the answer before opening the door... or keep it closed, you will look more intelligent on the forum. because I am a private collector.

Joe

We own 30+ cars in a private collection. Ca tried pulling (you need a dealer license) because we sold a number of cars. We submitted an application form from our home base and it was turned down because of zoning. They said you have to have a commercial front. We said that if you want us to have a D.L., we are doing it from home. It's a private collection. All the cars are in a private name. They are not open. Sent our attorneys on them and that was 3 years ago. We haven't heard a word from the state. In the meantime, we sell. So good going JO! You have some nice rides.

Guest joesclassics
Joe, There are several dealers who advertise on this site so I am not sure what the issue is even if you were a dealer which you are not. I enjoy the buy/sell forum as I am actively looking to buy another collector car. I would be sorry if the few dealers were excluded. So long as the rules about displaying location and price are met what is the problem anyway?

Nice car by the way!

Thanks Dave... Hope you find the car of your dreams!

Guest joesclassics
We own 30+ cars in a private collection. Ca tried pulling (you need a dealer license) because we sold a number of cars. We submitted an application form from our home base and it was turned down because of zoning. They said you have to have a commercial front. We said that if you want us to have a D.L., we are doing it from home. It's a private collection. All the cars are in a private name. They are not open. Sent our attorneys on them and that was 3 years ago. We haven't heard a word from the state. In the meantime, we sell. So good going JO! You have some nice rides.

Thank you too Dave! I have zero concerns about the state and have several commercial sites if I decide to go that dealer direction. It is nice to see a large private collector like yourself show others you can stand up for yourself if it makes economical and or common sense... vs rolling over and taking it...which is part of the reason we are becoming a weaker America.

Joe

We moderators have given some leeway to a few true dealers because they are regular contributors to the forum. For those dealers who wish to come here and only post cars for sale, they get moved to commercial.

West - thanks for the clarification...