Pulling Vacuum wiper Motor From Firewall

Guest exbcmc

most trico made vacuum wiper motors are connected to the wiper transmission (as it is known as) by means of using a flat bar piece that fits snugly into an open channel piece, so removing the wiper motor doesn't affect the transmission or the linkage to each wiper shaft. normal removal procedure means you disconnect the control cable, remove the vacuum source hose or tubing, remove two mounting screws, and you're done. nothing falls into no man's land.

charles l. coker

1953 pontiac tech advisor

tech advisor coordinator

poci

Guest exbcmc

This site is the GREATEST source for knowledge. I cannot thank you enough. What a relief to know I might be able to do this! Again, thanks.

I'm curious, why do you want to remove the vac wiper system? It's not like it rains enough to need wipers in CA nor would you drive a car like this in the rain. ;)

If it's a case of a non-op vac motor, check the vacuum line running to it first and also see if it is getting vacuum.

I'm curious, why do you want to remove the vac wiper system? It's not like it rains enough to need wipers in CA nor would you drive a car like this in the rain. ;)

If it's a case of a non-op vac motor, check the vacuum line running to it first and also see if it is getting vacuum.

me too bleach, i'd like to know. i know in my 1953 pontiac wiper system, i was never happy with the poor performance of the vacuum set up when accelerating or climbing a hill in the rain, so i have a 12 volt delco electric wiper motor now, 98% of the car will be 12 volts when i'm done. i'm thinking maybe exbcmc has the same reason.

Guest exbcmc

Crap, I'm on the hot seat. We belong to a Retractrable club. At times we will drive this car in the rain.....underneath it is completely original, if you get my drift.....I want to send the motor to a guy I found on this site to be rebuilt.

I grew up on vac wipers, I know how "good" they are. My wife, who is the boss of this car....wants it original.

Thanks for your interest....