30 DA running Boards

I need to rebuild my running board

They don't look orginal

does any one have good pictures of Running boards

picture of Rubber top and metal edging

I notice extra wide rubber on eBay not sure if it correct pattern?

thanks in advance for th e help!!

Looked picture,

pheaton different then DA, DA doesn't have valance panel (splash Guatds) side,also L and L says metal on all sides of running board, outside , inside and ends ?.

hopefully someone will have pictures of a 30

Someone is going to send me pictures of a unmolested 29

but L and L says they think metal trim is different.

thanks

Jesse

You retired guys have too much time on your hands. Jesse, I just sent you a bunch of pics. Maybe you're smart enough to post them here? I'm not. I will explain them all. I am very sure my '29 DA has original stuff, not been apart in that area. There is no metal against the splash aprons, has fender beading exactly like the fenders. Metal outside and both ends, 45 degree cuts. Not sure i agree with your phaeton comment, I think they are the same. IDr Joe would know or maybe Harry? I have Joe's email if you want it?

Edited by nearchoclatetown (see edit history)

Just sent you more pics, Jesse. Guess I'm learning something new here today. I've always thought I was seeing a splash apron below the body of a DA, but I think you are right it's the frame. Running boards extend in under the frame. AND I was incorrect in my description of how the trim is cut. The top is cut on a 45 degree and side is bent. So front, side, and back is all one piece. I THOUGHT I was seeing 3 pieces. So now the question is when is the frame painted to match the body on the assembly line? The frames are black. Most bodies were painted separate from the frame. But if an area of the frame had to match a blue body, for example, when did it get painted? Why are there always more questions then answers? I've heard of and seen DB's with the complete frame matching the body color but those are mostly Victorys. This is only the side of the frame.

The first picture is about a foot in front of the rear fender. I think you were calling these rivets for the cross member? The second is the fender welting that is between the running board and frame, no metal trim there. The rusty are is running board and blacker area is frame. I don't have much rubber left on the running boards. The third is where the rear fender meets the running board to show how the welting is positioned. I believe this to be original running board rubber, low areas are 1/4 wide high 5/16. Low areas are only about a 1/16 deep. Last picture is where running board meets the front fender. The trim is 45ed at the top and bent around the running board both front and rear. Trim goes across at back fender, along outside, and across at front fender as one piece. I did send you a closeup of the rivets that hold on the trim too. I THINK this is all original to my '29 deluxe sedan, which is obviously a black car. So I am guessing if the car was blue the side of the frame would be blue to match.