Virtual car museums. Need your advice!

Guest wigovsky

Guest wigovsky

Hey guys.

I've just finished my new project. This is the website where you can check virtual tours of classic cars museums all over the world. Now I'm checking interest to them and I want to ask members of AACA society to test it and give me some feedback. I'm sure this will be very interesting for you and now we have virtual museums from UAE, China, Germany, Italy, Spain, Russia and other countries. More than 30 museums are finished, and 30 more will be finished till the end of the year. Please check https://360carmuseum.com/en . I'm waiting for a feedback from your. Thanks for help.post-107487-143143002901_thumb.jpg

post-107487-143143002885_thumb.jpg

post-107487-143143002892_thumb.jpg

post-107487-143143002897_thumb.jpg

I will be glad to be the first to respond. When I saw the post my adrenalin began pumping. When I went to the site, I got an error on trying to load it. I overcame that on the second try, only to find it was the Italian museum was PAY PER VIEW. I tried another museum. It too gave me an error on initial load. Worked on the second try. Also required payment.

Not anxious/willing to pay. Do not know how much a Euro is, in comparison to USD. Not inclined to do the research to find out.

Noticed no U.S. museums on the site.

What little I saw looked good, will give you that. A nice job.

Guest wigovsky

Thank you for your review. What kind of error did you met? What do you think about the price of visiting? It is from 1 to 4 USD and you get the museum forever. So you can see it many times.

Consider providing a way, if you haven't already,

to search for a specific make of car; or year and

make of car; or year and make and model of car.

The search should be within a particular museum,

and also within all the museums you cover.

For example, if I am writing an article on an 1897 Benz,

I'd like to know if a museum has one. And I might like

to get a copy of that picture for our AACA newsletter.

I know you were trying to make the video more interesting

with the "rotational" feature, but I agree that some other

presentation is needed.

Myself, I wouldn't pay 3 euros ($3 to $4) to look at

pictures on a computer; but perhaps others might.

Guest wigovsky

Thanks, John and Steve. John, how much would you pay for visit? Which will be comfortable for you?

P.S. It's not actually pictures, it is a small encyclopedia with virtual visit of a museum.

Guest cben09

Don Hoke in Dallas Texas is sponsering the "Virtual Steam Car Museum"

He's been scanning in """virtually [haha] tons of files on Stanley,,,found in Australia,!!

There is also a listing of all pre 1915 Packards,aranged by vin no,,Very helpful to

reserch Packards,,,Better 'n a hour at Rod Blood's barn @92Prince st,,

Thank you for your review. What kind of error did you met? What do you think about the price of visiting? It is from 1 to 4 USD and you get the museum forever. So you can see it many times.
Have you got written permission from those real musemns to charge for viewing??

Guest wigovsky
Have you got written permission from those real musemns to charge for viewing??

Sure, a part of money we send to the museums owners

• 3 weeks later...

Might be useful to others but not me. In order to view the free museums I have to log in using my Facebook account which I am not willing to do (do not want to give anyone access to my account). Also I hesitate to submit payment to most online businesses, especially overseas. Most any car in the world can easily be seen on Google or youtube so I don't see myself paying to view them in a museum unless in person. Good luck with the website as I am sure there are many people int he world that will love what you have developed.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest wigovsky

Some updates. First of all three new museums, 2 of 3 are free to visit. So welcome everybody:

1. Al Serkal Classic Cars Private Museum in UAE - https://360carmuseum.com/ru/museum/38

post-107487-143143081112_thumb.jpg

2. Oldtimer Gallery 2015 in Moscow - the biggest classic car show in Russia - https://360carmuseum.com/ru/museum/37

post-107487-143143081117_thumb.jpg

3. Russian tractor museum - the only museum of this kind in Russia - https://360carmuseum.com/ru/museum/39

post-107487-143143081121_thumb.jpg

The second update is the payment option. Now the full access to all museums costs only 2 USD / month.

I want to see your feedback about that. Thanks!