Correct paint color for 1950 and up instrument panels

beerczar1976

In my continuing effort to share info., here is a quick bit I just found while reading the 1949 Product Service Bulletins book I just got off eBay. I know this question and discussion has arisen on here several times in the past.

Direct quote from page 90 of the book..."We have had several requests for the number of the paint used on the 1950 series 40 instrument panel, garnish mouldings, door belt finishing mouldings and steering column jacket. This paint is Dark Grey (Metalli-Chrome) 'Duco' No. 260-55263."

I'm not sure if modern paint will match this 100%, but at least a paint code is finally referenced. I know many of the paint chip books I've seen, never actually tell the interior paint codes.

Guest 53 Roady

Good info. Thank you. Can anybody specify the charcoal used in the 53 Roady dash and garnish? It goes with the red and charcoal Dynoc.

Pat

.....Can anybody specify the charcoal used in the 53 Roady dash and garnish? It goes with the red and charcoal Dynoc. .....Pat

Buick called it a black, DUCO #246-2247. The OEM 1952 and 1953 Buick Carlsbad Black exterior paint had an old DUCO #253-2247 and that number was later changed to DUCO #246-2048 . I have no clue on what the differences may of been.

post-41556-143143001004_thumb.jpg

Al Malachowski

BCA #8965

"500 Miles West of Flint"

Guest 53 Roady

Thanks again Al. Can modern body men use these numbers to generate a quart?

Pat

ps. I got a window to work today!