SUNNY WARM PUERTO RICO!!!

Had enough of the cold, snow, wet so Susan and I came as far south as we could get. We're here in Puerto Rico for the AACA Meet. Left Wednesday, had a good trip and was out of my blue-jeans by the time we were ready to leave Orlando. What a beautiful place and what fantastic hospitality. The HQ hotel is in the middle of the city quite some distance from the show area but we got a glimpse last night and a tour of the transportation museum, which is new since the last meet here. Great place and a neat evening trying to learn some Spanish and sampling some great rum. We've already spent a day wandering around old San Juan, been up to the forts to look at the incredible coast-line and the beautiful blue sea as it blended into an equally beautiful sky. Today was a visit to the rain forest and a ride on the cable cars. Yes, I'm rubbing it in for all those still shivering back home, but I promise I'll try to bring a little of it back. Will try to get a few pics posted later but wanted to get this post out so you'll know we're here safely and having a great time. This evening is their official Friday welcome party and Saturday we've got our work cut-out for us with over 200 cars and not nearly enough judges to go around. Already been told us Natl Awards team members are going to also be judges so expect we'll be looking at lots of great cars most of the day. When we get some pics up there will be some great cars to look at. Wish you were here (and I know you do too!)

Terry

Dale & I are here to support the Puerto Rico Region, to judge, and to tell everyone that the hospitality shown by the members of this region is truly exceptional. These folks couldn't be nicer or more giving. The facilities are great, the food is delicious, and the weather is perfect

We arrived Wednesday afternoon and spent Thursday exploring Old Town San Juan. Friday we visited a preserve high in the mountains which houses parrots and butterfly habitat. Then it , .was on to lunch and judging school, and the AACA Membership Roundtable

.Tonight was a dinner at the coliseum and a fantastic show by a 1950s / 1960s rock Band performing our favorite tunes of our era

.While visiting the Parrot Aviary, AACA 2010 President Terry Bond was busy organizing a judging team who parroted back everything he taught them.

.The meet wil host 225 vehicles and will enjoy perfect weather

post-54863-143143000618_thumb.jpg

post-54863-14314300063_thumb.jpg

post-54863-14314300064_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143143000649_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143143000659_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143143000669_thumb.jpg

Guest Francsico

Hola from sunny Puerto Rico...

Just a few words to thank all of you for being part of our historic meet.

I have been honored by being chosen as your meet Chairman and to have had the opportunity to greet AACA members and directive. Your presence have truly enlightened our event.

All good things must come to an end but, to me it is the beginning of many new friendships all around our club. Be safe on your flight back to the mainland, take our people's warmth and camaradery with you and, as my new friend Marty Roth said treasure those memories since they are and will forever be part of our club's history.

Until we meet again;

Francisco,

The Puerto Rico Region did themselves proud with the overwhelming hospitality of your members. AACA guests from the mainland were treated to your legendary welcome to your island. The cars were terrific but the people even better!

Speaking of the cars, wow, it was wonderful to see so many rare and unusual vehicles. Many most of us have never seen. The Desoto "Suburban" was amazing. The Toyota a collection was interesting with some models totally foreign to us here in the states.

Congratulations on your personal achievements with your cars. We hope those "very lightweight" trophies will find a place of honor.

There are more pictures on AACA Antique Automobile Club of America Facebook page.

Thanks again for your leadership of this event. We all have left with many, many memories that will last a life time. Gracias!

Steve Moskowitz

Special thanks to:

Francisco J. Diaz-Lozado, MD - Meet Chairman,

Mike Nolla - Registration Chairman,

and especially to Pedro Perez Soto - Transportation Chairman who arranged for Guaynabo City Motorcycle Officers and busses to quickly and safely move all visiting attendees between the host hotel and all venues for the entire duration of this wonderful AACA Eastern Division Winter Meet.

The weather, the beauty of the island, and the quality of the vehicles was exceeded only by the hospitality and the gracious nature of the friendly members of the AACA - PUERTO RICO REGION.

Gracias to all who worked to make this meet the wonderful experience that Dale and I enjoyed so much. We look forward to your next National Meet.

(Click on photos to enlarge, and to see captions)

post-54863-143143004089_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143143004098_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143143004108_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143143004118_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143143004128_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143143004138_thumb.jpg

post-54863-14314300415_thumb.jpg

post-54863-14314300416_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143143004169_thumb.jpg

post-54863-14314300418_thumb.jpg

post-54863-14314300419_thumb.jpg

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)