Beautifully Restored 1941 Buick 46S

Guest Davii

Guest Davii

Stunning show quality torpedo-styled 1941 Buick 46S Special two door coupe with no details left undone. Named "Bogie" for--well you know--Humphrey Bogart. The car would look right at home parked at the Beverly Hills Hotel under the portal.

Rare Aberdeen Beige professional respray. Full, high quality and correct restoration less than 8k mi ago. Three speed manual. Exterior, interior, engine compartment are pristine, truly a "10". Very dry--no rust whatsoever--California and New Mexico car. Original 1941 NM plates. Unmolested owner's manual and many factory tags. Rare parade flag holder with five 48 star flags (pre Alaska and Hawaii!). Previously owned by two discerning, meticulous Buick nuts. I can take no credit for the fabulous condition of this car as they did all the work and the TLC. Dash is expertly faux painted to resemble burled walnut. All guages (Art-Deco beautiful!) work. Original clock rebuilt by expert clocksmith. New AM/FM CD player in custom wood cabinet in glove box compartment. Believe it or not, it has a well disguised after market air conditioner. Other fun stuff: a Gas Rationing sticker in front window, reflecting its wartime production and use. Car has been displayed twice at the Las Campanas Concorso and draws rave reviews. Drives quite well with a three speed column shift, cruising nicely at 65 on period correct Firestone two ply tires. Significant extras include: original oil base air cleaner; original radio unit (removed to make way for aftermarket air conditioning unit). Simply a a great car from a great period in American history. I'm certain you couldn't reproduce this complete restoration for anywhere close to my asking price. The reason I'm selling is that I just turned 70 and am downsizing. Thanks for your consideration. 505-988-5868 or jstevedavis@comcast.net

Price: $44,500 Lotsa pictures on Hemmings: http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/buick/46s/1724670.html