Wanted to buy: Jack

Dave, Bob Kruper, aka The "king of jacks" has been dead for about 2-3 years. He was a fixture at Macungie, Reinbeck and Hershey Meets for years. There is a guy who is from the same town now selling on e-bay. I figure he is liquidating Bob's stuff. Larry Olson, Wisconsin, also was vending jacks from the Midwest he passed 3 years ago. I have been in contact with his son and he is not going to continue his business . He wrote the book:" Jacks and other trunk tools", long out of print. I can count about 4 e-bay venders who sell jacks on e-bay most weeks. However, I would rather load 10 tons of iron once a year and vend at Hershey where we can meet the new owners of our iron. Our goal is to get a tool roll and CORRECT jack back in every pre-war car just as it left the factory! Karl

Thanks for the update on Bob Kruper, Karl. I didn't know he had passed but I'm not surprised. He was an Army combat veteran from WWII France and always told stories, embellished I'm sure, of his travails. There's a vendor, Ed Killespie at Macungie who always helped him out. I will ask him what's being done with his wares.

Curt, I have the American Pickers looking for your jack! They find everything... no wait... in the real world only I am still looking. Dave, Bob's heart problems really slowed him down in his last years but he sure liked to visit and talk jacks every Friday at Macungie. You got to love heavy iron to vend jacks! Karl

Karl:

Nice to know that you can be found on the Forum. I have bought quite a few items over the years from you at your stand at Fayetteville. We still have to get together to finish outfitting my 1925 and 1937 Buicks.

Hope to see you soon...