Ford Thunderbird 1955 Ventilation System - compared to 1956

Guest Tbird55

Guest Tbird55

Hello

Can anyone assist please, there is too much detail to put into this message. But I am emailing to ask if anybody has a clear schematic of both the 1955 and 1956 T Bird ventilation system showing the levers and cabling arrangement. If not a drawing / schematic of both, then the 1955 ventilation system. I know the 1956 has the side guard ventilation flaps that the 55 does not have, aside from this I am trying to compare both systems to see if there any major differences. I am having problems with the levers that control the ventilation flaps and think whoever had the car before me assembled the inner guard (Fender) assembly incorrectly (not rotated to correct location through 360 degrees so the levers do not protrude far enough outwards, if that makes any sense.

Any assistance appreciated

Regards

TBird55

Hi TBird55,

The ventilation system you are talking about is the same for 55-57 T-Birds. I don't have a schematic diagram, just what is in the parts catalogue. The only difference is that the 56-57 have the extra vents in the kick panels. Are you having trouble with both levers? I would suggest that you disconnect the cables and see how far you can move the levers that control the flaps. If you can't move them you will have to take the tubes apart to service the flap. It is not an easy job because on of the bolts holding the pieces together is difficult to access.

Let me know what you find and hopefully we can figure out the problem.

Regards,

Lew