two old project cars - $3500 (ft myers florida)

55chevy

Not mine, no pics

1 - 1955 Cadillac coupe de ville - 1 -1954 Buick super $3500 each obo . Both clear titles

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/4905744343.html

And more, but didn't find a 54 in Ft Myers CL

[h=2]1953 Buick Special 2 Door Hard Top - $1995<small style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: inherit; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; vertical-align: baseline;"> (LeHigh Acres)</small>[/h]http://fortmyers.craigslist.org/lee/cto/4894453020.html

I wasn't too excited about the TR-7's at the time either. I think we had one come through the shop I worked at back in the early 80's. I sort of liked the Spitfire that we worked on back then. It was fun to take on a test drive but a little scary on the freeway when going by any semis. I didn't get to work on it too much and I was glad. They had to pull the engine to get to the tranny. It had a problem with the overdrive.

I wasn't too excited about the TR-7's at the time either. I think we had one come through the shop I worked at back in the early 80's. I sort of liked the Spitfire that we worked on back then. It was fun to take on a test drive but a little scary on the freeway when going by any semis. I didn't get to work on it too much and I was glad. They had to pull the engine to get to the tranny. It had a problem with the overdrive.

I owned a '70 Triumph GT-6+ and to put it nicely like you Bleach, I wasn't too exited about the TR-7's. The little GT was in the Spitfire frame but had an in line 6 with dual Strombergs. Mine had the overdrive that could be switched in while in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gear making it fun as hell to race MGB's. 0 to 60 in under 10 seconds and was clocked one night at 115. And yea Bleach the OD as well as the clutch slave cylinder was a bit problematic. I can't believe you mentioned semis. My girlfriend and I were going down I-75 to Florida one summer and was running along next to a semi trailer when the trailer started creeping over into my lane and for about 4-5 seconds we were literally underneath the trailer and I could almost kiss the spare tire mounted to the bottom of the bed. Thank God there was enough room in the median for me to move into. I don't think the trucker ever even knew we were there.

post-31987-1431429997_thumb.jpg

hummmm, I wonder if that Super is a 2 door.

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

Kind of looks like the Lead Singer of Uriah Heep to me. That was before your time Mike. :eek:

Apparently, those guys are still active so they're not before anyone's time yet. ;)

The Spitfire I drove was a late 70's or early 80's 1500 roadster. For a 4 banger it was a peppy little car.

Strange the post with the link to Buick on ebay is gone but I did see it in the subscription email I got. Maybe it wasn't the same car?