Convertible Top-'41 Continental-Windshield Header

Michael L.

Good Day All. Does anyone out there know of someone who makes wood windshield headers for the '41 Continental Cabriolet? Another convertible question: Where can I buy the correct top hook and bracket that it hooks into? Lebaron Bonney doesn't appear to have the correct version.

Thanks,

Mike L.

Guest 39 Pickup
Good Day All. Does anyone out there know of someone who makes wood windshield headers for the '41 Continental Cabriolet? Another convertible question: Where can I buy the correct top hook and bracket that it hooks into? Lebaron Bonney doesn't appear to have the correct version.

Thanks,

Mike L.

I purchased a header panel from Oak Steam Bent Bows in Pennsylvania when I did my 1948 Zephyr convertible. They insisted that the Continental Cabriolet and the Zephyr Convertible were the same. At the time I had a Continental as well as the Zephyr and they are different. I sent them my original bow and they made a new one as per the original. Or so they said. I spent 8 hours reshaping the bow to fit while my top man was waiting to put the top on.

I purchased a header panel from Oak Steam Bent Bows in Pennsylvania when I did my 1948 Zephyr convertible. They insisted that the Continental Cabriolet and the Zephyr Convertible were the same. At the time I had a Continental as well as the Zephyr and they are different. I sent them my original bow and they made a new one as per the original. Or so they said. I spent 8 hours reshaping the bow to fit while my top man was waiting to put the top on.

Thanks 39 Pickup. That doesn't sound like the way I want to go with this.

• 2 weeks later...