Unusual 1932 Ford

A 1932 Ford turned up for sale in France recently. There was 1 picture and it raised my curiosity. Has anybody ever heard of 1932 Ford with a "Y" engine and a body by French coachbuilder SICAL? The auction will be March 15th in France at an automobile auction with 50 or so cars(8 American, the rest French, British, German, etc.). You can find the online auction catalog by going to "Paris OSENAT Fontainbleau"[name of auction house] on Google...then going to the AUTOMOBILES DE COLLECTIONS event coming up when you get to their site.

The small pic showed a side view of what looked like a fixed head coupe with a club sedan-style trunk at the rear. Carrossier Sical is French, I presume, and the description estimates only 5 to 25 of these cars done by them. Don't actually know if it's a Model "B" or a V-8. A serious Ford V-8 collector might like this in his collection. Would this be a CCCA Classic if authenticated? The catalog description (half French/half English) makes a big deal about it being hidden somewhere in France for a long time, found w/o an engine, then somebody found a new perfect replacement "Y" engine in a crate to put back in. I have no idea why they refer to this as a Ford Y Sical. I thought Y referred to 1950s Ford V-8s.

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)