ME, MYSELF & I, along with what's happening with me. Dale in Indy

smithbrother

I want to inform you GOOD PEOPLE that I am moving away from the car routine.

I'm in good health, sound mind, MAYBE, hehe, but learned late in my life that I have some limited arty talents, that for the past few years has grown, and is the love of my life, WELL, my bride of nearly 55 years is my TRUE LOVE.

With that said, I will be moving out my 2-Buicks, my custom Corvette, Whizzer bike, and 1957 scooter from France, and focus on my arty projects. Family may take some of what I have. I won't be selling any of my large scale models though, still will continue to grow that collection.

I will be 78 this July, enjoyed the car ride that began when I was 14. Dad was my inspiration. I will always laugh and enjoy reliving his famous quote, " IF YOU DON'T DRIVE A BUICK, YOU ARE THE SCUM OF THE EARTH". He was loyal to Buick for over 65 years.

I wish you all GODS SPEED, and THANK YOU for putting up with me.

Dale L. Smith in Indy

Dale,

It will be a great loss to this wonderful forum not to have your wit, thoughtfulness and wisdom blessing our computers and our hearts. It is never too late to follow your passion. I wish you luck, health and happiness ten times over.

If you ever get a hankering for some Buick brotherhood, even a smidgen, you have your boys back here who would love to hear from you!

God Bless you Dale!

Dale, I have been wondering where you have been the last few weeks and now we learn that you will be leaving us!!! Come on man say it ain't so!! You have become such a fun to have around guy here,it would not be the same without you!

I really wish you would reconsider and at least stop in every few days to let us know what you are doing with your projects. Especially that wood scalloped '54!! You have lots of friends here who I am sure feel the same as i... It just wouldn't be the same without you! So what do you say, can't you pursue your arty talents without leaving all your good friends here? I sure hope so!

Hey Dale, no one ever said owing a Buick, or any old car, was a forum membership ( or even a BCA membership) requirement. I suspect so much more of your artwork will be vehicle related and I, for one , feel it would be a shame to miss out on sharing it with your friends here.

Guest shadetree77

Dale, I trust you mean that you are merely getting rid of the cars and not your friends here on the forum! You gotta do what you gotta do my friend. Stick around here and keep us updated on your new "loves". Now, about your old loves.....where you "moving them out" to? Putting them on the market? I never even got to see your '46.

Dale, If you leave now no one will ever be able to convince Mr.Earl to get scallops!

In all seriousness though, I wish you the best of luck on your future adventures! I do hope you remain active on the forums. Even if you got rid of everything car related, you still have the heart of a classic car guy. That alone gives you more then enough qualification to be here. You're welcome any time!

THANK YOU ALL for your kind words.

Born in 1937 into a Buick family, Dad hired in at a Buick dealership in the 1927 as a grease monkey, progressed to becoming the dealer in Bloomington, Il. He finally retired in 1991, so you can see that was a LONG LONG time with Buick. With that said one can easily understand WHY I am a very loyal Buick guy.

One of five children, I was the one that hung onto Dad like WHITE on RICE. I went to the dealership as often as I could, Dad for years drove the wrecker home from work, and took calls at all times for a tow or whatever. Often he would wake me up, and ask if I wanted to go on a wrecker run, needless to say, YES, YES.

Giving up my two Buick's won't be easy, but it's the right thing for me to do.

I will peek in now and then, will need to keep up somewhat with whats happening in the BCA, AACA world.

Bless you all, YOU have given me lots of good info, and many many laughs,

Scallops forever, Mr. Earl, the NON-EATING SCALLOPS.

Love you all,

Dale Lamar Smith

Indy, a corn field with a race track in the middle.

• 1 month later...
THANK YOU ALL for your kind words.

Born in 1937 into a Buick family, Dad hired in at a Buick dealership in the 1927 as a grease monkey, progressed to becoming the dealer in Bloomington, Il. He finally retired in 1991, so you can see that was a LONG LONG time with Buick. With that said one can easily understand WHY I am a very loyal Buick guy.

One of five children, I was the one that hung onto Dad like WHITE on RICE. I went to the dealership as often as I could, Dad for years drove the wrecker home from work, and took calls at all times for a tow or whatever. Often he would wake me up, and ask if I wanted to go on a wrecker run, needless to say, YES, YES.

Giving up my two Buick's won't be easy, but it's the right thing for me to do.

I will peek in now and then, will need to keep up somewhat with whats happening in the BCA, AACA world.

Bless you all, YOU have given me lots of good info, and many many laughs,

Scallops forever, Mr. Earl, the NON-EATING SCALLOPS.

Love you all,

Dale Lamar Smith

Indy, a corn field with a race track in the middle.

Dale Lamar,

I did not really get to know you but like to thank you for the advise you gave with my 1956 Buick Super.

Take care and hope to keep in touch.

Best regards

Michael, Sweden

Dale From Indy Asked If I would Post these Photos For Him

It's His Latest Project.

Novel Idea If I say So.

The following is what Dale described in an email today.

"You may know I have a 46 Roadmaster 4-door. Sometime back I purchased a

very nice 46 grill, $100.00, and I'm in the process of turning it into a

BOOM BOX, probably WITHOUT a lot of BOOM though. hehe

I am inspired by the hood line treatment of mid to late 40's Buick's, so in

a fashion have added it to my piece. I have tried to post pictures, but for

some reason it won't take, so if you have time would you post for ME?

It will be finished in automotive colors, TWO-TONE using the hood treatment

lines as my cut off. Colors yet to be decided. It will have a

splitter/panel below the grill as its base.

It is 45" wide, and approx. 14" tall.

I have used BENDING plywood, MDF 1/8" for the trim, skim coated with bondo,

and will have a shoulder strap. Sound system yet to be purchased, but do

want remote control.

I am working on this while other pieces are drying from glue ups, I am

making a pulpit for a church too, plus things for customers."

post-58764-143143083463_thumb.jpg

post-58764-143143083469_thumb.jpg