Need help identifying a seat belt buckle and need help locating a male end for it

cjp69

Unique to '64. I've got some of these. They look just alike from the outside but the male ends are not interchangeable. I'm trying to determine how to tell them apart physically but so far no luck. I can send you pictures of what the male ends look like. You'd swear that they should interchange but they don't. I've yet to find another male end that will work.

Ed

Okay, fasten your seat belts, no pun intended.

Here's what I have; hopefully you can find the correct male end for what you have.

There are two different seat belts. For ID purposes, one is blue the other is tan.

Buckles:

Female end

*they look similar

*one has the logo on the lift, the other has the logo on the stationary part.

*one has the belt coming out of the end, the other out of the back.

Male end

* nothing similar

Tan: Belt - tag "Brownline Auto Seat Belts" no date or product number (could be worn/faded off) Buckle - engraved "Eberhart 500"

Blue: Belt - tag "Hamill Mfg. Co. Inc., Washington, MI, Model RFC 50.0 1964. Buckle - engraved "HAMILL RCF - 50"

Hopefully you can identify which buckle you have and find the compatible male end. (See pictures for differences) As I said earlier, they are not interchangeable.)

post-50017-143142996962_thumb.jpg

post-50017-14314299697_thumb.jpg

post-50017-143142996976_thumb.jpg

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

Okay, fasten your seat belts, no pun intended.

Here's what I have; hopefully you can find the correct male end for what you have.

There are two different seat belts. For ID purposes, one is blue the other is tan.

Buckles:

Female end

*they look similar

*one has the logo on the lift, the other has the logo on the stationary part.

*one has the belt coming out of the end, the other out of the back.

Male end

* nothing similar

Tan: Belt - tag "Brownline Auto Seat Belts" no date or product number (could be worn/faded off) Buckle - engraved "Eberhart 500"

Blue: Belt - tag "Hamill Mfg. Co. Inc., Washington, MI, Model RFC 50.0 1964. Buckle - engraved "HAMILL RCF - 50"

Hopefully you can identify which buckle you have and find the compatible male end. (See pictures for differences) As I said earlier, they are not interchangeable.)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]297710[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]297711[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]297712[/ATTACH]

Thanks Ed - this was a big help. Now I know what I am looking for. My guess is it is going to take me a while to find the female ends.

Chris - really appreciate your assistance here.