1982 Imperial Frank Sinatra Edition

Hey Guys,

Don't mean to clog up the MOPAR thread with an Imperial, but there's no Imperial thread and it is technically a MOPAR car.

Excuses now out of the way, I have an 82 Imperial Frank Sinatra edition that I need to locate a couple parts for (the parts can be off of any 81-83 Imperial). I need:

Rear decklid script that says "Imperial"

Passenger side front side marker light lens (I think it's the same as the driver's side so that would work, too)

2 front wheel center caps (these were specific to the FS edition, I think, they were crystal pentastars, which matched the hood ornament)

Thanks,

Keith

There is also the Online Imperial Club. They have a lot of information on that website. Not to forget the Walter P. Chrysler Club! WPC has a neat monthly magazine with many classified ads in it.

Chrysler's general orientation was "supply parts for warranty repair" or "ten years after production". I suspect that if a dealer still has something for that model of Imperial, it was a special order part that never was picked up. In about '78 I went through the '70-'71 Chrysler parts book and found all of the part numbers to put an AM/FM Multiplex 5-speaker radio where an AM radio was in my '70 Monaco Brougham. Everything was "in Depot" and I had it in about a week. The rear "jumper harness" for the rear speakers was not available, so I made it myself. Had to emprovise the front speaker mountings on the lower edge of the dash panel, but it all worked great. When I asked a long-time Chrysler parts person about ordering that stuff, he didn't even look up and said "You can't get any of that stuff anymore". At that time, I already had the part numbers and knew where they were stocked (from the Chrysler parts price book, the one current for that point in time).

If you can get the Chrysler part numbers (from an online parts book download), then you can do a free registration at www.partsvoice.com and search member-dealerships nationwide for those numbers. Otherwise, there is Vintage Parts Intl in Beaver Falls, WI (as I recall). They buy vintage/obsolete parts from the OEMs and resell them.

The Online Imperial Club is very possibly the most active Imperial message board I've seen for later model Imperials, even the fwd Imperials.

Take care,

NTX5467

Edited by NTX5467 (see edit history)

My friend got them from the local dealer, they had to order them. It took a few days. They may have come from a Chrysler warehouse or even from another dealer, they have pretty sophisticated inventory computer controls these days.

They even had the special leather bound Imperial owner's manual. You never know until you ask. About 15 years ago I got a gas tank pipe for a 66 Dodge from my local dealer.

Have you tried your local Chrysler dealer? You never know your luck, friend of mine got new tail light lenses for his about 4 years ago.

Sure did. Got met with the "Never heard of such a car" thing hahahaha. I knew I was out of luck right then and there!

There is also the Online Imperial Club. They have a lot of information on that website. Not to forget the Walter P. Chrysler Club! WPC has a neat monthly magazine with many classified ads in it.

Chrysler's general orientation was "supply parts for warranty repair" or "ten years after production". I suspect that if a dealer still has something for that model of Imperial, it was a special order part that never was picked up. In about '78 I went through the '70-'71 Chrysler parts book and found all of the part numbers to put an AM/FM Multiplex 5-speaker radio where an AM radio was in my '70 Monaco Brougham. Everything was "in Depot" and I had it in about a week. The rear "jumper harness" for the rear speakers was not available, so I made it myself. Had to emprovise the front speaker mountings on the lower edge of the dash panel, but it all worked great. When I asked a long-time Chrysler parts person about ordering that stuff, he didn't even look up and said "You can't get any of that stuff anymore". At that time, I already had the part numbers and knew where they were stocked (from the Chrysler parts price book, the one current for that point in time).

If you can get the Chrysler part numbers (from an online parts book download), then you can do a free registration at www.partsvoice.com and search member-dealerships nationwide for those numbers. Otherwise, there is Vintage Parts Intl in Beaver Falls, WI (as I recall). They buy vintage/obsolete parts from the OEMs and resell them.

The Online Imperial Club is very possibly the most active Imperial message board I've seen for later model Imperials, even the fwd Imperials.

Take care,

NTX5467

Wow great information....I do have the service manuals so I'll see if I can find the part numbers and work from there!

Thanks,

Keith

My friend got them from the local dealer, they had to order them. It took a few days. They may have come from a Chrysler warehouse or even from another dealer, they have pretty sophisticated inventory computer controls these days.

They even had the special leather bound Imperial owner's manual. You never know until you ask. About 15 years ago I got a gas tank pipe for a 66 Dodge from my local dealer.

Rusty I'm going to try some different dealerships and see if I have any luck. I would love to have the Mark Cross stuff that came with the Imperial. By the way....I remember you helping me with some tech issues I had on my 51 Chrysler Windsor Deluxe last summer....thanks for the help on that, too!

wire wheel parts:

4126825 medallion

4126822 cap/medallion

aluminum wheel parts:

X258VDD clear medallion

X258VRR red medallion

X259VDD cap/clear medallion

X259VRR cap/red medallion

trunk lid:

4229061 Imperial nameplate

I have ALL of the above NOS

the FS had no special caps on the wheels, only the 3 FS medallions on the exterior were unique to it.

Right park lamp:

4174008 have a used one

www.arizonaparts.com

for a YEAR search put in:

1981-82 Y

1982-83 Y

1981-83 Y

1982 Y

X,S,Y (this shows all the Mirada, Cordoba and Imperial combined parts........ at least in the 1980-83 year range)

to reply use my e-mail at the website

(Y=Imperial)