Fyrac through the windshield spot light

DeSoto701

Guest AlCapone
I can't imagine anybody actually installing one in their car. It would only be useful as a curiosity.

I agree Dave. The one I purchased will be installed on my grandsons peddle car.

Wayne

Guest Indianfour

I seen an ad showing this windshield spot-light installed on a Jordan automobile. I found a very nice one at Hershey back in the early 1970's. Inever installed it and still have it stowed in my '27 Jordan Great Line Eight Victoria Custom sedan.

Guest AlCapone

It resembles a toy ! It is a Mickey Mouse looking light but my 4 year old likes it so what the heck !

Wayne

Guest cben09

I once had the tool for boring the hole,,,

It was made of pot metal,,bought it around 1955

pile of parts from junk yard in Cambridge near MIT

I usually filled the rear of a 633 Packard sedan

once a week or so,,Cheers,,Ben

I have been looking for one for a while. I have seen a few installed in cars. I think they offered nickel plated ones for higher end cars - either that or they changed to that at some point. I have seen a metal handle as well with the brand name in on it. There is also a straight and an angled version depending on whether you had a vertical glass or slanted glass to install it in. Epay suggests that they are worth more than 25 dollars, but no one seems to be buying them.

The 1925 pierce Arrow sedan I had some years ago had one. I liked the thing. I have another one (complete) and a parts donor in my stuff. I keep wanting to put it in my T coupe which has quite a few era accessories on it. But there just always seem to be other project priorities.

One thing the Clymer/Fyrac windshield spotlights are good for, is lighting your motometer at night. That is what I used it for on the Pierce.

Original era accessories are a big part of automotive history. While I would not want every car to have a bunch of them, nor do I like any car that is way overly done with accessories, I do like to see proper era accessories on antique automobiles.

Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

The Clymer versions of these are made with cheap pot metal and usually crumble to pieces. I know as I purchased several to make one! Clymer sold the design to Fyrac Chicago who improved it using nickel plated brass. Famous "three flags' motorcycle racer from the 1920's ,Wells Bennett mounted a pair of the Clymer lights on his Henderson .( Clymer was a motorcycle man first and foremost) I copied the idea for my Henderson, and am running one Fyrac and one Clymer. At least one other Henderson owner has caught on so the value of these lights may be on an upswing;)

Here is one on my 22 Buick! I think its is the same model as above its definitely a Fyrac. My grandfather installed it when the car was restored back in about 1960. We kept it when we refreshed the restoration about 20 years ago. I always loved the pistol grip. It doesn't to much good but for looking at the motor meter at night. Sorry I don't have a close up of it.

post-98386-143143005239_thumb.jpg