'65 Odds and Ends Up For (very reasonable) Grabs:

DV8

Here's some stuff I am trying to get rid of:

post-102046-14314299456_thumb.jpg

I'll entertain offers to cover shipping, packing materials and just a little bit on top. I'm not looking for much in return for it as most of it is not in showroom condition. Also, would consider trades. Right now the only thing I may need is a black glove box surround dash panel that DOESN'T have the right side door hinge tab chipped off of it like they ALL seem to. Here's what I can tell you:

One of the cigarette lighters definitely works fine, the front one. The housing on this one is very vehicle specific as it has notches to attach the light bulb.

Not sure if the radio works or not but the speaker deteriorates as it's being handled so that will most like go in the trash unless some one has a use for it.

The fuel gauge has been tested and works perfectly. You don't see them too often so if you need one grab it. It's also listed on ebay right now.

The steering wheel is in great working order just has some cracks in it, the worst of which I showed in the photo.

I don't know why anyone would want a dirty old cardboard glove box but hey, it's still in tact and if no one wants it it's going in the trash.

post-102046-14314299438_thumb.jpg

post-102046-143142994408_thumb.jpg

post-102046-143142994436_thumb.jpg

post-102046-143142994461_thumb.jpg

post-102046-143142994487_thumb.jpg

post-102046-143142994512_thumb.jpg

post-102046-143142994535_thumb.jpg

Here's some stuff I am trying to get rid of:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]297492[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]297493[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]297494[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]297495[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]297496[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]297497[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]297498[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]297499[/ATTACH]

I'll entertain offers to cover shipping, packing materials and just a little bit on top. I'm not looking for much in return for it as most of it is not in showroom condition. Also, would consider trades. Right now the only thing I may need is a black glove box surround dash panel that DOESN'T have the right side door hinge tab chipped off of it like they ALL seem to. Here's what I can tell you:

One of the cigarette lighters definitely works fine, the front one. The housing on this one is very vehicle specific as it has notches to attach the light bulb.

Not sure if the radio works or not but the speaker deteriorates as it's being handled so that will most like go in the trash unless some one has a use for it.

The fuel gauge has been tested and works perfectly. You don't see them too often so if you need one grab it. It's also listed on ebay right now.

The steering wheel is in great working order just has some cracks in it, the worst of which I showed in the photo.

I don't know why anyone would want a dirty old cardboard glove box but hey, it's still in tact and if no one wants it it's going in the trash.

Hi David,

Interested in the steering wheel. Check for a PM, thanks,

Tom Mooney

. . . a dirty old cardboard glove box is better than none at all, if you need one David.

It took me 5+ years to track down a non-AC version for my '68 'heater only' Riviera after my less than pristine original

got misplaced somewhere during my resto. That is also when I discovered the AC version glove box is different than a non-AC type!

. . . good luck with your grab sale !!

Edited by 68RIVGS (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

If the speaker frame is good, it can be re-coned with newer materials. I did this on two of them for my '64. It's hard to find 10 ohm speakers. Reproduction trays don't come with the clip to hold the owners manual, nor do they come with the housing for the lamp. Gas gauge is a 90 ohm unit and will work with what's offered as aftermarket senders. Someone should grab these just for the rarity of what they contain.

Ed

For a minute I considered ripping out the owner's manual clip from the glove box and installing it into my new one but I just decided not to. Could easily be done with the right size rivet though. And..yeah all the metal parts of the speaker are intact and rust free.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This is getting real people.  Really trying to clean up the work space.  If no one claims this stuff it's either going in the trash or Ebay:

-Glove Box

-Lighters

-Floor Mats

-Original 5 blade Fan

-Optikleen Bottle Mount

-Original Color Coded Vacuum Hose Set