FOR SALE: 1969 Jaguar XKE OTS 20,724 ORIGINAL MILES!

You guys know I love untouched original cars, and this incredible E-Type is one of the most accurately preserved E-Types I've ever seen. I can't quite call it a "survivor" because it was repainted about 20 years ago, but beyond that, the list of parts that have been replaced can be counted on one hand. Heck, it still has the original hoses, the original fan belt is in the trunk, original spark plug wires, and even the original tires still on the original wheels! It has been recently and comprehensively serviced, so it's ready to drive or show at any level, although if you're going to drive it a lot, I might recommend replacing some of the original hoses and setting them aside. It does have brand new Pirelli radials and new chrome wire wheels, so that's handled, and the original Cosmoline-protected spare is still in the trunk, completely untouched since 1969. The mileage of 20,724 is correct.

The guys who did the repaint were at least careful to respect the original look, so it's single-stage paint with a soft shine that doesn't look too far off the original Sable Brown lacquer. This is a life-long California car (sold new in San Diego) that came to Ohio eight years ago, but the California sun must have faded the paint enough to justify the repaint. However, the finish in the jams, under the hood, and on the chassis is original and you can see that it just wouldn't have measured up on a car of this quality. All the chrome except the grille bar is original (original piece included with car) and was pulled off the car, the back sides were cleaned and protected, and then it was all reinstalled with new weatherstripping. There are a few other pieces of new weatherstripping on the doors, but great care was taken to ensure that if it was original and usable, it stayed on the car. It still has all its original lamps and housings and still runs Lucas headlights.

The black leather interior is equally well-preserved. Those of you with sharp eyes will spot that the driver's lower seat cushion has been replaced, but only because the original was a little dry. It is included with the car and is currently sealed in a plastic bag and has been treated with leather conditioner to restore it, and it could be reinstalled and will look just fine after another treatment or two. The carpets, door panels, and dash are all original, all the Smiths gauges are fully functional, the Philco AM/FM radio works, heck, even the clock works! The steering wheel is a reproduction Moto-Lita unit (they were the OEM manufacturer) but the original wheel is included--it was removed simply to keep it from breaking because the originals were a lot flimsier than the repros. The top was replaced in 1990 with a very correct replacement piece, but the boot is original. The original jack and hammer are included in the trunk (Series II E-Types did not get full tool sets).

The 4.2 liter DOHC inline-six purrs to life thanks to a comprehensive service by the best mechanic in the area. The carburetors are original, the gas tank was flushed and cleaned, the fuel pump was renewed, and the suspension was checked and the tie rod gaiters were replaced. The car still uses ultra-rare OEM brake rotors, fan motor shields, spark plug wires, carb inlet fittings and seals, etc. All the fluids were replaced and it does have a new foam seal around the radiator. The muffler was replaced at some point, but the rest of the exhaust system is original and in excellent condition. The chrome wires and Pirelli tires are brand new, but the original Dunlop tires and wire wheels are included with the car and could still be used for show, as they have about 50% tread remaining. Don't drive on them, though.

Two Jaguar experts have reviewed this car since the work was completed and each said they've never seen one this well preserved. There are details on this car that no restoration could possibly duplicate and parts that are completely unobtainable today. It starts easily, runs beautifully, and will have one more shake-down test-and-tune before it is handed over to the new owner. It includes a Heritage Certificate that verifies the features and the fact that it is numbers-matching throughout. The car is titled as a 1970 because that's when it was sold, but the Heritage Certificate proves that it's a '69.

Given the way Jaguars are appreciating today (that XK140 OTS we had two months ago sold in 3 hours on eBay for full asking price), this one is going to be expensive. However, I believe that this is an A-list collectable and one of the finest available anywhere for those who appreciate authenticity, and as a result, I think whatever you pay today will seem like a bargain in 3-5 years. I know I'm breaking the rules, but if you're seriously interested, call me and we'll discuss the price. Thanks for reading!

post-31138-143142993658_thumb.jpg

post-31138-143142993663_thumb.jpg

post-31138-143142993667_thumb.jpg

post-31138-143142993672_thumb.jpg

post-31138-143142993677_thumb.jpg

post-31138-143142993681_thumb.jpg

post-31138-143142993686_thumb.jpg

post-31138-143142993691_thumb.jpg

post-31138-143142993695_thumb.jpg

post-31138-1431429937_thumb.jpg

post-31138-143142993704_thumb.jpg

post-31138-143142993709_thumb.jpg