Literature for 1931 Chrysler CD8's

I am in the beginning stages of restoring a 1931 Chrysler CD8 Roadster, which came to me as an incomplete car, missing drivetrain and some other parts like bumpers wheels & hardware. As expected, literature of any sort for this model is very hard to find. I have purchased the "Chrysler Master Parts List for all models prior to 1934", which is a big help. However it does not have any illustrations related to the '31 CD8, things such as a frame diagram, body elements, wheels, etc. I also printed off the "June 1931 Chrysler Imperial Instruction Book (Code CG)" which provides about 100 pages of excellent maintenance advice for '31 Chrysler Imperials, notwithstanding the CG's engine, chassis and many mechanical components are different than the CD8's. I also received from the Chrysler Historical Collection a copy of the 1931 Chrysler Eight sales brochure, 12 pages of good information on the models and features of the CD8 series.

What I am looking for is literature more specifically related to the CD8 cars in particular, or to '31 Chryslers in general, and ideally anything specific to a CD8 Roadster. An owners manual, a service manual, a repair manual, a '31 & earlier Master Parts List, any illustrations of the primary (chassis, body, etc) or secondary (gauges, hardware, fittings) parts would help. Ideal would be any factory drawings of car components. I have been told these things are not widely, if at all available, but perhaps some of you know of someone who may have such scarce items. Thanks in advance for your input, advice or help.

• 4 years later...
12 hours ago, wmeastman said:

I, likewise, am searching for a repair manual and a parts manual for a 1931 CM6.  Any resources would help...

Bill

There is a Master Parts List out there, but you will not find a 1931 Chrysler shop/repair manual as they do not exist. Never did as far as I have been able to research.

Keiser is correct. Earliest available Parts List is the 34 version, and the earliest Shop Manual I have come across is a 1938 (that might not be the first). However the correct model Owners Manual is a good thing, you should try to seek that out. Did Chrysler Historical offer a copy service of these? 

On 4/26/2019 at 8:59 AM, lozrocks said:

Most models had a Parts list, and a set of mechanical drawings, and an owners manual.

Originals are rare and generally very well used.

IMG20190426165044.jpg

I would pay well if someone took the effort to make a copy of stuff like that, as I have a total of 3 1929 Chryslers and no parts listing/parts manual/mechanical illustrations. I have as previously mentioned, never seen anything except Owners Manuals older than the multi-year Parts list of 1934.

55 minutes ago, Narve N said:

I would pay well if someone took the effort to make a copy of stuff like that, as I have a total of 3 1929 Chryslers and no parts listing/parts manual/mechanical illustrations. I have as previously mentioned, never seen anything except Owners Manuals older than the multi-year Parts list of 1934.

Have you tried Irv Bishko Bookseller?

For the record, since I started this thread 4 yrs ago, I found all I needed, have 2 original copies of CD8 owners manual, and the master parts list. A CM6 manual would be different, but they should be easy to find among the many Chrysler owners.