Neutral switch - wire connections

Eric W

Still looking at rebuilding wiring on the '51 76R.

Can anyone point out how the wires attach to the neutral switch (Dynaflow-equipped car). If terminals screw on, screw heads aren't obvious. I don't want to go pulling on things unless maybe these are bullet terminals...

Thanks!

Guest 53 Roady

My 1952 Shop Manual shows a figure 10-43 of a neutral safety switch with 2 slot head hex screws which I take to be the terminals. All of the connections to switches that I can think of on the 53 are fork or loop under screw or nut.

Pat

Thanks - I think I saw that same figure in the '51 manual. I'll clean things off some more and see if slots appear. I did a good bit on documenting the end terminals this weekend for the dozen or so wires needed for start/ignition/charging. I don't know the proper terminology, but I'll call them straight fork, flag fork, straight ring, and 1 flag ring terminal. Didn't find any "bullet" like is on the fuse panel itself, but unless screw heads appear on the neutral switch, those are looking like they might be "bullet".

Guest 53 Roady

I tried to find mine but discovered that it was moved inside the car for 53. I am trying to find the best material to line the door window glass run channel {latch side}. Any suggestions?