Band B Carb Rebuild

Taylormade

I'm attempting to rebuild my B and B Model 517S updraft carb and have run into a problem right from the get go. I have the three screws that hold the top casting to the lower casting. But when I try to separate them, the accelerator pump hangs up and won't come free. The brass piston is free and will move in the bore, but whatever is attached to the rod that passes through the brass piston and down into the bore seems fixed solid. I don't want to damage anything trying to force it out, In the picture below you can see the two castings separated, the brass piston and the rod that passes down into the bore. The rod will move down, but at a certain point it will not move up.

IMG_5793_zpsx9bkrv1n.jpg

Is there something attached to the rod that needs to be released? This is my first attempt at an updraft with a mechanical accelerator pump, so please excuse my ignorance.

I also posted this in the Dodge Brothers Forum and got a quick response from carbking, so all is well and the two castings are now separated. I'm going to continue this in the Dodge Forum for those who are interested.