Anyone know where I can find a replacement for this screw?

DV8

It's one of two that secure the metal bracket that holds the windlace in place and wraps around the kick panel at the front door jamb on a '65 (and presumably all first generations). #10 x 5/8" with a VERY FLAT and 1/2" wide phillips head. Already looked at Mr. G's and Allen's. Anybody have any take offs from a parts car get at me.post-102046-143142990564_thumb.jpg

post-102046-143142990537_thumb.jpg

Another thought. There's no real pressure on this screw; it just hold the welt in place and provides a channel for the kick panel to rest in. Why don't you try using a trim panel button. They're flat on top and should hold the strip in place; they hold door panels in place which are heavier and get more abuse when closing a door.

Here's a link to show you to what I'm making reference. This one is too big and you'd have to buy a box of 50, but you'll get the idea.

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx?R=BK_6651129_0006391281

Not to change the subject, or hijack this thread, but if you have a Fastenal near you, check them out as a shipper for those odd parts. They have trucks delivering all over the U.S. They're not out to make a big profit on shipping other things on their trucks, they just have room and charge for it. They do not deliver, you have to pick up at your local store.

Now, back to the main feature. Screws for your channel. Mine are full of yukum putty and were hard to get out. Probably just as hard to get back in. Glad to know there are sources out there.

Ed