Radiator for '56 Buick

southpaw52

• 3 weeks later...

I'd still get Harrison tank recored locally.

This is what I was referring to in the General thread. The fact that an aftermarket radiator is now being produced is excellent for us Buick guys. Even without the original stamping, this is cheaper than the last one I had recored. For driver cars, this is spectacular news.

I'd still get Harrison tank recored locally.

This is what I was referring to in the General thread. The fact that an aftermarket radiator is now being produced is excellent for us Buick guys. Even without the original stamping, this is cheaper than the last one I had recored. For driver cars, this is spectacular news.

What's ballpark to have one recored there Mike. I can't even find anyone local to do mine.

Thanks Mr. Earl, I will check into them.

Report back what you find southpaw. A 54 Buick Highwayman just bought one and was very pleased with the customer service, turnaround time and the product.

Guest 54fins

I have an old time radiator shop in Denver. I can have a repairable radiator done for under $100, and he does a very nice job.

A re-core is about $600.00 and looks perfectly stock. The tank has the markings and the new core is twice as efficient as the old one. Repops are fine but its always nice having correct markings if possible.