Trunk to engine wire placement

Cargirl

I need to run a wire from the trunk to the engine comp. It looks like the best way would be to come down from the rear speaker, under the plastic trim piece that runs between the door sill plates and the carpet and thru the firewall. Is that the best route? How do I remove that trim piece that runs under the door? There are no screws, does it just pry off?

One more question, I need to remove the tray that is right about the CD player and below the radio. I am going to mount a switch there. Does the trim plate just pop off which would expose the CD player and just pull out the tray? I hate to start prying things off and break something!! Thanks guys!

Running the wire is probably the easiest as you described.

Removing the storage box above the CD is not a simple item. You must start at the back of the center console .... remove the storage liner, which exposes 2 screws that hold the top trim down the console, with that removed it exposes the screws that hold the CD box, you must remove the box and CD player together.

Depending on how often you need this additional switch, I would suggest putting it in the glove box or storage compartment under the arm rest.... much easier.

To remove the door sill molding remove the back half first by pulling up and towards the door center (as when closed) under that piece you will find a phillips screw. rock the long molding gentle back and forth than pull up and towards the center. It is held in by clips that fit into retainers, if either comes loose they can be pushed back in place.