New guy from Seattle / 1st time TC owner (1991) / leather?

Guest alfieri

Guest alfieri

Hi! all you fellow members out there. I bought a 91 4-way black last Month from the San Juans area of Washington State. 58,000 miles with pretty good care. The leather was a little dry here and there. The dash leather was very dry and brittle in one section and was pulling and bunching. I have been working it soft with Meguiars rich leather solution and have gone through a full 15.2 oz container in the last 5 weeks. The dash is about 80% resolved with very little pulling now and the the rest of the leather looks like it is almost new. Is there a better long term product to keep it like new?

Hi! all you fellow members out there. I bought a 91 4-way black last Month from the San Juans area of Washington State. 58,000 miles with pretty good care. The leather was a little dry here and there. The dash leather was very dry and brittle in one section and was pulling and bunching. I have been working it soft with Meguiars rich leather solution and have gone through a full 15.2 oz container in the last 5 weeks. The dash is about 80% resolved with very little pulling now and the the rest of the leather looks like it is almost new. Is there a better long term product to keep it like new?

Many of the TC owners use these products.

Home Page | Leatherique Restoration Products

<cite class="_Rm" style="color: rgb(0, 102, 33); font-style: normal;">www.leatherique.com/</cite>

Guest BobFitz
Many of the TC owners use these products.

Home Page | Leatherique Restoration Products

<cite class="_Rm" style="color: rgb(0, 102, 33); font-style: normal;">www.leatherique.com/</cite>

+1 on Leatherique.

More expensive but well worth it in my opinion.

Most other products have silicone in them. Would you use silicone on your skin? Leather is animal skin and has to be cared for in the correct manner. It is amazing how much crap comes out of the leather when using the Leatherique system. Sticky silicone anyone?

Bob

Guest alfieri

Thanks Bob Fitz and Hemi Dude for you input. I will look into Leatherique soon. You'll see alfieri alot with concerns and ?'s over the next couple of Months or so. ........... Thanx again.