Any members near SPOKANE WASHINGTON? Some nice vintage iron

bbrroowwnn

It just amazes me how many people will horde stuff like this for their entire lives only to have it go to ruin, hoping to make a fortune. Most leave this world with no returns on their investment! How many times I've inquired about cars only to be told "I'm saving it for so and so", then it sits there until it's totally junk. I just don't understand it!

I can almost hear the buyers viewing this thread scurrying around to make a move on the stuff stored inside. That Dodge 8 won't last long...

Too bad for some of those parts that were stored outside in that humid climate...what a shame. A lot of good parts just laying around on the inside though.

When you go, stop by Toppenish WA. About three miles south of town on Hwy 97 and Jensen Rd. Theres and old gentleman that has a huge collection of old iron and a lot of old trucks. I came across this when working on a project in Toppenish. The old man will show you around and has you sign a guest book at the end of the tour. I was there around 2008, hope he's still there. You can google earth and still see all the vehicles. He is located just south of Jensen Rd. and on the east side of Hwy 97.

ps he will not sell anything, he is leaving it to his son.

The Dodge Eight was produced in various models from 1930 to 1933. (There was also a DeSoto version.) It sold for about half as much again as the six cylinder models. It probably crept up into the lower end of Chrysler's segment of the market and might have been dropped to keep Dodge at the lower price only - just above Plymouth. Desoto was originally pegged between Plymouth and Dodge but in the early 1930s was moved up above Dodge.

I have read stories of a similar thing happening to the Buick Limited just pre WW2 where it was encroaching into Cadillac territory and was not revived after the war.

probably had a million callers wanting to come "wonder around and check things out" and got bombarded

I called on that ad and that is exactly what was happening. The guy that I talked to said the for sale stuff was at a friends house (an older guy whose wife is ill) and he didn't want the hoards. So they are going to move these cars to a central location near Cour'delane (spelling) and have a sale this summer.

Some one told me last night that the collection at Toppenish was gone. Don't know for sure.

Edited by JACK M (see edit history)