!942 Darrin Lincoln

kevinsrods

Hello, I have purchased the 1942 Lincoln Continental that Dutch Darrin customized when new. I have been able to document through multiple resources it's authenticity. There are just some great guys out there. My intention is to restore the vehicle back to when Darrin had customized it for Vladimir de Rachevsky. Down to the last detail. I am excited about it, however, I am in need of some parts or even a good parts car. In particular the v-12 has been removed and replaced with a flathead 8. It does need to be a 1942 engine as it is one year only. Like I said I want this car to be 100% authentic. Any help with that and any other parts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Kevin

Hello, I have purchased the 1942 Lincoln Continental that Dutch Darrin customized when new. I have been able to document through multiple resources it's authenticity. There are just some great guys out there. My intention is to restore the vehicle back to when Darrin had customized it for Vladimir de Rachevsky. Down to the last detail. I am excited about it, however, I am in need of some parts or even a good parts car. In particular the v-12 has been removed and replaced with a flathead 8. It does need to be a 1942 engine as it is one year only. Like I said I want this car to be 100% authentic. Any help with that and any other parts would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Kevin

I would really like to see a picture of this car, is it possible for you to put some on the forum?? Glenn Lorei

There is a similar 1941 Cadillac convertible with the "Darrin dip" in the door that appeared at the St. John Concours in Michigan last year. I believe that was the only modification done to the car. Your Lincoln appears to have had a lot more modification done.

It's good that you have documentation, because if I recall correctly, the Cadillac owner did not have anything.

Edited by West Peterson (see edit history)