Purolator SA-2 Oil Filter and Unique Side Mirror from 1930

Trying to finish up my list of parts needed for a complete restoration. I've been researching and collecting parts since I purchased the truck and am nearing completion for original parts with the exception of two parts.

Any help or leads are appreciated. Please PM me or post photos of parts you think may work here.

Price will depend on condition as always. Price paid will be inline with full market value.

Here are photos of what this filter looks like along with the mirror and bracket.

Part #1

Need one SA-2 Purolator Oil Canister

Size is 8" x 4 1/2" diameter

Mounting brackets not required - I only need the canister.

Part #2

Cast drivers side mounting bracket and mirror.

The mirror may look homemade but it is actually a factory style. Manufacturer name is unknown.

Approximately 9" in overall length and mounts to the face of the drivers pillar with 2 screws on the face and has a lip that partially wraps around the outer pillar.

Filter:

post-69994-143142985236_thumb.jpg

Drivers side mirror and bracket:

post-69994-143142985237_thumb.jpg

post-69994-14314298522_thumb.jpg

post-69994-143142985232_thumb.jpg

post-69994-143142985233_thumb.jpg

post-69994-143142985235_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply Curt,

I've thought about that but I'm going to hold out in hopes of finding something in good to NOS condition.

Currently I don't have anything in stock and am willing to buy anything that comes available as long as I can work with it. Again, if anyone sees one at a swap meet, via a friend or online anywhere I'd appreciate any leads. Finders fee will be available for both of these rare parts :)

Check with Bob's Automoblia, 805-434-2963 Buick used a similar filter, some have a cast fitting on top, some use a threaded fitting as yours appear. His filters are set up for a replacement element inside. Nicely done and either come with a decal or one is available. Website is bobsautomoblia.com check out his online catalog. Used one on my 28 Chrysler and it works fine.

Rob

hattiesgarage@comcast.net

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Also looking for spark/throttle control lever and outer ring in the photos below. I believe several DB truck models from 1928-32 era may have used this style according to my research.

A member named Larry Lord has a parts truck in his profile photos that has this correct setup I need for my restoration but I have no way of contacting him, if anyone can contact him please PM me. He hasn't had any activity on this website since 2011.

post-69994-143143078331_thumb.jpg

post-69994-143143078323_thumb.jpg

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)