Windshield Replacement

Guest Bob Barrow

Guest Bob Barrow

I need to replace my windshield. The company that wants to do the replacement along with me cannot determine how to remove the top horizontal stainless trim. I know it is held on with 5 screws, but you have to remove the vinyl/plastic header mldg., that goes from sunvisor to sunvisor. There does not seem to be any screws that can be removed, so I think it has to be pried off some way. I do not want to damage this part. Anybody out there can shed any light on my problem. Thanking you in advance----Bob

I need to replace my windshield. The company that wants to do the replacement along with me cannot determine how to remove the top horizontal stainless trim. I know it is held on with 5 screws, but you have to remove the vinyl/plastic header mldg., that goes from sunvisor to sunvisor. There does not seem to be any screws that can be removed, so I think it has to be pried off some way. I do not want to damage this part. Anybody out there can shed any light on my problem. Thanking you in advance----Bob

It would be wise to find another windshield installer. The one you have must not be very use to working on the LeBaron convertible as it uses the same windshield glass and would be replaced in the same manner.

Guest Bob Barrow
It would be wise to find another windshield installer. The one you have must not be very use to working on the LeBaron convertible as it uses the same windshield glass and would be replaced in the same manner.

Hemi dude , the installer is aware that it is the same windshield as a Lebaron, but he says the upper horizontal garnish mldg. is different and does not want to take a chance in wrecking. He is the only glass guy that will try to do it. There is other TC's in this area, as he has never seen one. Bob

Hemi dude , the installer is aware that it is the same windshield as a Lebaron, but he says the upper horizontal garnish mldg. is different and does not want to take a chance in wrecking. He is the only glass guy that will try to do it. There is other TC's in this area, as he has never seen one. Bob

So out of all the glass shops in Windsor Ontario Canada, only one will work on your car? Then I suggest you drive over to Detroit and check them out over there. There are hundreds, just look on the internet. I just did.

I had the windshield replaced in my TC some years ago and the installer never even asked me how he should do it.

I have not done it myself, so I cannot help you with that.

Guest alfieri

The install of the LeBaron front windshield should be the same as the TC as Hemi said and a qualified glass install Co. will know this. It has the same molded design & fit attachment ..... it is very simular for the install but the LeBaron glass itself is not the same as Maserati's. ., They, Maserati, had their own glass as part of the coach-work and had all of the glass with the Trident I.D. / tint / embeded into the glass. They are interchangeable and the LeBaron glass is much cheaper so why not. .... If I had a a VERY! low miles TC, I'd stick with the more expensive Mas glass.

Guest Bob Barrow

To, Alfieri, thanks for the input. I realize that I should be replacing my windshield with a genuine "M" glass. I just went through changing the rear convertible glass with a non "M" glass. My car is a fairly low mileage car (29000) & it deserves an original glass. But I don't think there are no new ones available & if so shipping would be very costly. Thanks for your input. Bob Barrow

Guest Bob Barrow

Bob French, yes I am aware of info on lower center of glass. I am really trying to find out info about removing upper plastic/vinyl garnish that is located between the sunvisors and above rear view mirror.I am sure it just pops off, but don't want to start digging with a screwdriver or plastic prying tool in order not to damage it. Any help from anyone that has witnessed removal of that part would be appreciated. Bob