just wondering

jeffery

Not a particularly rare vehicle as Studebakers go. Why do you ask? Have had a few '39 Presidents that I drove plus 4 or 5 1939 Coupe Expresses. Of course there may not be a lot of '39 Commander owners signed up for this site so a lack of a response does not necessarily indicate a great shortage.

Not sure if you are a member of the Antique Studebaker club but in the July/August 2009 issue I listed production figures by body style for all 1938-42 Commanders and Presidents. The leading seller of the 7 bodies offered on the 1939 Commander chassis was the Cruising Sedan (W3 body symbol) with 35,189 assembled.

Who else has a running driving 1939 commander ?

The president of my Studebaker Drivers Club chapter has one. It's a very nice unrestored '39 sedan, in excellent running condition. He is not afraid to drive it to local shows, or trailer it to out of state events.

I have seen two coupe express and a coupe. Several 4 doors. Have seen a couple of 40's President. My buddy has a 1938 President 4 door sedan which is very nice. He looking for the correct heater for it. I have got the only Studebaker here in our town but did see a 1950 Studebaker pickup the other day very close to my house. I was surprise but have not as yet checked on it. Its sitting outside. It looked in good shape.

• 3 weeks later...