Wanted: 1949 driver side door panel, and window hardware.

Guest Stx123

I have the window, and the window regulator, and it goes up and down, but there has to be something else that keeps it aligned, and guides it. I think its a piece that goes on the opposite side of the hinge. There are screw holes with nothing there. Window keeps going out of alignment. I have not taken apart the other side to see what it is missing. Is there a catalog for parts for this 49 plymouth special deluxe? Or any good parts sites anyone can recommend?

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, my name is Keith Lee. Usually I’m on the Lincoln Zephyr forum, however I thought I would drop into the Plymouth folks. I make reproduction interior knobs and steering wheels for the ’36-48 Lincolns and a few other makes. Find me under “knobsoup” to see my posts.

Several years ago a neighbor asked me to reproduce the gearshift, crank knobs and door escutcheons for his ’49 Plymouth. I made them from his pristine samples. They are cast in a non-fading UV stable urethane resin, in the correct 1949 translucent cream color. After casting they are heat-cured to ensure hardness, inspected, then polished to a high-gloss.

I still have a few knobs and escutcheons left if you are interested. Send me an email. knobsoup@gmail.com

post-31184-143143023474_thumb.jpg

post-31184-143143023479_thumb.jpg