1930 Chrysler sedan door stops

mcgoo

Can anyone supply some photographs of the door stop mechanism that prevents the door from opening to far. I have a couple of the plates that screw into the top of the door, (not all) and I have the bolts that come down through the top door jamb (roof timber) but I don't have any of the plates that link the two together.

If I am correct they should slide in the piece on top of the door and pivot on the bolt through roof timber.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, any for sale would be even better but as I am in OZ usually postage is ridiculous and worth more than part.

thanks in advance

Mcgoo

Hi Mcgoo

I have a 1930 DeSoto CK coupe. As far as I know, the 1930 Chrysler is the same basic body, and the door stops are metal straps with a rubber bumper that retract into the front door posts 1/2 way up. They are basically the same as the model A Ford, and reproductions are readily available

• 2 weeks later...
Guest art s

The 28 model 72 town sedan we have as a parts car has the top style of door stops. I sent a PM to mcgoo but never heard anything back. The Fisher bodied coupe we have of the same model uses them too. They are the same as my 29 chev coupe. Probably many others as well.

The 28 model 72 town sedan we have as a parts car has the top style of door stops. I sent a PM to mcgoo but never heard anything back. The Fisher bodied coupe we have of the same model uses them too. They are the same as my 29 chev coupe. Probably many others as well.

Hey art s, I haven't received a pm at all. I would be interested in seeing some pics to see what the bits I'm missing look like.

I only have 2 of the four plates on top of the doors.

Mcgoo

I can't help with pictures but have the parts you need. Chrysler used different stops depending on where they were made and the time of the run.

Call 610 -863-6955 od cell 610-462-3631 Jay can help.

What sort of money are you asking for them? Im in Australia so they would need to be posted and I have found that the shipping using out weighs the purchase price.

Mcgoo

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...