Help .. 1927 Chrysler Roadster Need Spare Tire Support

Guest LoveCars

Guest LoveCars

I have a 1927 Chrysler Roadster that I am working on, "someone" lost the rear spare tire support.. : /

Would also be interested in finding the spare rim too.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?? Need for wire rim.

BIG Thanks in advance.

- Monica

Hi,

A nice car, but the wheels look like they came from a 1929-31 car. Please load up a picture of your wheels and what size are they? 1927 had either 20in wheels on early cars or 18in on later cars. What model is this vehicle?

It looks like a model 60, looking at the rear frame. The spare wheel carrier bolted onto the two brackets on the rear frame and I'm sure this car would probably have had wooden wheels.

The model 50 and 52 had brackets like these riveted to the rear frame.

Regards

Viv.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest LoveCars

Ok. So my mistake.. It is a 1928 - not 1927.

I will have the mounts made, but does anyone have any idea where I can find a clear photograph or something in order to have it made correctly.

Thank you everyone in advance.

Hi, there is a bracket on ebay that will fit your frame, it is for the wood type wheel demontable rim, but you could make an adaptor to take your spare.

For Bobs info the 26/7 model G70 had wire wheels as an option. My car left the factory with Buffalo type 4 centre lock wire wheels, I'm looking for at least one wheel plus the spare carrier bracket

regards

Viv.

• 1 month later...
Guest tomneese

hi there. I'm new to this forum glad I found you guys. Not sure if my spare tire mount with work or not. I believe mine is off of a 1927 Chrysler model 50. The back end of your car looks the same as mine but I'm really not too sure of these things. I also have the luggage rack which needs some work but it's a good start, looked like you were missing yours.

• 4 weeks later...