1938? Dodge Brothers Coupe

Guest biggame1717

Guest biggame1717

Hey all,

My dad recently acquired what is believed to be a 1938 Dodge Brothers Coupe. He is unsure of what he plans to do with it at the moment. I was wondering if anyone could confirm the Year and Model, and maybe give some information about the car. I will attach a few pictures, let me know if you would like to see more.

Thanks for your time.

.post-106962-143142984298_thumb.jpeg

post-106962-143142984263_thumb.jpeg

post-106962-143142984284_thumb.jpeg

Yes, it is a 1938. If it has the rumble seat, it is one of only 950 built by Dodge Brothers in 1938. If it has a big trunk, it is one of 15,552 built. A shot of the front and rear will confirm what I mentioned.

Guest biggame1717

Thanks a ton for the info. I couldn't get pictures from him since he isn't going to be home for a few days, but he said it didn't have a rumble seat. Would this car still considered to be rare at 15k produced? Not an expert in cars myself, just relaying questions from him.

Thanks again.

Thanks a ton for the info. I couldn't get pictures from him since he isn't going to be home for a few days, but he said it didn't have a rumble seat. Would this car still considered to be rare at 15k produced? Not an expert in cars myself, just relaying questions from him.

Thanks again.

I would not really consider 15,000 very rare, but very desirable. Rick is right. Most have been street rodded.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

RARE? Maybe so if you consider the popularity of coupes in stock car and dirt track racing in the 40's and 50's and demolition derby's. Plus many coupe owners moved up to 4 door cars after the war as the baby boomer generation took off. It would be interesting to see just how many of those 15,000 are really out there in the street rod and antique car hobbies. I dare say that the salvage yard inventory is probably minuscule as a result of the many spikes in the cost of scrap that we have experienced over the last several decades.