Cigar lighter not working?

Guest gletom

The wires to the lighter are held in place by a large clip at the base of the lighter. Sometimes this clip comes off and it needs reattached. The plastic that the clip is made of cracks and the clip lets go. I think you can access it by pulling the "tub" from the console. Using a flashlight and inspection mirror you can see whether it is attached or not. It's close quarters in there. If you see that it's not connected you may have to pull the console panel out to fix.

John F.

It could also be corrosion and gunk....... I have had several that would not give power to my phone charger, computer, GPS and upon close inspection the contacts were in terrible shape. Because of its location "stuff" can get in it. If you can find an eraser (pencil type) that has a non-metallic crimp, you can try that without pulling the fuse. If it is really bad you may need to replace it. By pulling the storage bin below the armrest you can get to the fitting underneath.

Guest my3buicks

If you're needing a power outlet and not the cigarette lighter, i have run a jumper wire from the cigarette lighter wire and neatly installed a power outlet inside the center console, much nicer than having the ashtray door hanging open.

Edited by my3buicks (see edit history)

If you're needing a power outlet and not the cigarette lighter, i have run a jumper wire from the cigarette lighter wire and neatly installed a power outlet inside, much nicer than having the ashtray door hanging open.

Thanks,a great idea!