What's in the well?

Guest TJDasen2

Guest TJDasen2

I've tried to upload a picture of the top well from my 1991 TC, but I'm not technologically evolved enough to get it right.

If someone could upload a photo of what it's supposed to look like, I'd appreciate it.

I took the hardtop off, raised the soft top and found nothing in the well except for an electrical pigtail that isn't attached to anything at all. The well is totally empty except for said pigtail.

Thanks very much.

Tim Dasenbrock

Southern Illinois

1991 Exotic Red/Ginger

Guest TJDasen2

Thank you for the photo. It seems all of this is missing from my car. Now to find the whole assembly...

Thanks again.

Tim Dasenbrock

Southern Illinois

1991 Exotic Red/Ginger

• 2 weeks later...

The electrical pigtail, I believe, attaches to a plug on the Left side of the hardtop for the electric rear window defroster. I just bought a TC and when I put the hardtop on, for the Winter, I couldn't find the pigtain. I guess it was under the soft top.

post-89473-143142995988_thumb.jpg

Here is a picture of the rear window defroster wire as it comes out from the soft top well. It is not very long. The wiring that goes to the pull down motor comes up from the same location as this wire and runs across the bottom of the well to the center where the pull down motor is if you have one which sounds like you don't. You can see the pull down wiring in my first picture provided. Bob