1928 Chrysler 72

Guest snailmb

Guest snailmb

good morning,

I bought a 1928 Chrysler 72 roadster.

I have a doubt about the body color.

The body of the car is totally whitecolor.

I could not find any documentation thatproves the possibility that at the time the 1928 Chrysler 72 roadsterwas produced in this color.

I bought the "Standard Catalog ofCHRYSLER, 1914-2000" edited by James T. Lenzke and relatively tothe car in the "options" appears the following statement:"SPECIAL PAINT. SPECIAL ORDER CUSTOM coachwork."

By reading the above, it is possiblethat it was produced a 1928 Chrysler 72 roadster color completelywhite?

Thanks for the help that you give me.

Guest snailmb

Thanks!

In the meantime searching the web I found this photo. The car has the license plate "antique" (http://www.ebay.com/itm/1928-Chrysler-Model-72-Roadster-Photo-u7633-HQSNL5-/290967276218?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43bf004aba)

What are the colors used for the 1928 chrysler 72? Is there any model with a two-tone color which is white with another? I could paint the fenders or other parts of the car with the second color to disassemble the whole car ...

Where do I find the color schemes?

Both cars above are not stock. The white one is listed as a factory photo. Color film in 1928 ?

The other car has a lot of extra chrome plated parts. "French Gray light" is a bit darker than this car.

If you look at the belt line on these 2 photos you can see a change that was made. The first is an Imperial but it has the earlier style belt line.

post-64655-143142984201_thumb.jpg

post-64655-143142984208_thumb.jpg