1954 Buick Special

Guest BurntBridge54

Guest BurntBridge54

My name is David and this is my family's 1954 Buick Special. We call it "BuIcky" because that is what my 3yr old daughter calls it. We are looking forward to enjoying it again when spring comes back. It has the 264ci Nailhead w/ Dynaflow and has been lowered with Jamco springs all around. Looking to make some changes to it this year, to fix a few things and make it more family friendly.

post-106887-143142981023_thumb.jpg

Thanks,

David

Guest BurntBridge54

Thanks John! Yep, it is clear coated steel. It has weathered a bit since one of the previous owners did it. I intend to re-sand, fix some rust and dents, and get some new pin striping, this year.

David

Guest BurntBridge54

About 4 years, over all it seems to protect it pretty well, but there are spots where the clear just hasn't held up for whatever reason.

David

4 years = a lot of extra work. I did try it once on a car I had to store outdoors. In my case it was clear coat over some primer. I just wanted to get one winter out of it. Like yours, it wore off for some reason in various spots. I never did investigate what the cause was. Lighter coverage? Incompatible paints or whatever. I sold that car before I had a chance to really get back into it.

Guest BurntBridge54
That is a cool picture,not to mention the car that's in it!! Thanks for sharing and would love to hear more about the car. Email me about them doors :cool:. 1954buick at g mail dot com

Thanks Lamar! Not much to tell about the car at this point. I bought it as it sits and am looking to smooth the rough edges, so to speak. It has the 264/Dynaflow in it right now. I did some research on it and found a few details that the guy I bought it from didn't know (it is riding on Jamco springs) and a few pictures of it's transformation into it's current form around 2011.

post-106887-143142985885_thumb.jpg

David

post-106887-143142985883_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...