Coir Cor Graham pressed steel toy sedans

Walt G

I don't own a real Graham car but do own a couple of 1933 pressed steel toy Graham sedans made by the Corcoran Mfg. Co. of Washington, Indiana;

these say Cor Cor on the wheels. Cor Cor also made Chrysler and De Soto airflow sedans in 1934. My question is does anyone have any good clear photos of these Cor Cor Graham toy sedans when new? I have found a few printed in magazines of the era but they are very grainy . I would be happy to pay for a good 8 x 10 print of a period photo of them. Did the car company issue any information/literature on the toys when new?

I have seen several pictures from the Graham-Paige dealerships. In 1931 when Graham-Paige introduced the new Blue Streak Graham (Model 57) they introduced metallic (fish scale) colors. The colors were almost impossible to show potential buyers on a paint chip so the company enlisted the Cor-Cor company to build the model cars. Selected Cor-Cor cars were painted the different Graham colors and displayed in the dealership so customers could make a selection. Michael Keller has a chapter and some extraordinary pictures in his second book "The Graham Paige Legacy from 1932"

post-67048-143142984312_thumb.jpg

http://www.graham-paige.com/keller4.htm

Now I will throw in my speculation, I believe the Cor-Cor cars with the chrome wheels are the Dealership cars. Most of the Cor-Cor Grahams with the original metallic paint also have the chrome wheels, but that is only observation. Of course you know the "Mae West" split bumper was only on 1933 Graham cars the single bumper was 1932. Anyway you will enjoy the book if you like the Graham cars.