Looking for some help - 1957 Dodge D100

Guest BlueZ28

Guest BlueZ28

I have been unable to really find a place to ask about this and I don't know much about it since I'm a Chevy guy.

My dad recently bought a farm for deer hunting in Bolivar, MO and there is a 1957 Dodge D100 sitting by the house. Through some research I found out that this specific body style was only done for one year(I think).

Since it could be rare I would rather send it to a good home than part it out and send the rest to a junkyard. I have been offered some rather absurd numbers for specific parts, just doesn't seem right to part out what I think is a near complete classic truck.

Hopefully you guys can point me to anyone who either specializes in these trucks or someone who would want to buy it.

Here is the link to some pictures.

http://imgur.com/a/vreBH

Thanks for your time

I don't know the specifics of the Dodge trucks, but I can

recommend some places to sell it. Since it's a buyer's market

for many vehicles, put a fair and reasonable price on it, and

try one or more of these venues. You may already know

about them.

www.hemmings.com is the website of the foremost hobby

magazine, Hemmings Motor News. They are based in Vermont,

and every month their magazine has hundreds of pages of

classified ads of vehicles for sale.

Other sites such as www.autotraderclassics or www.cars-on-line.com

are also useful. However, Hemmings should suffice.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BlueZ28

Thanks for the reply. We ended up getting hooked up with a local Dodge club and one of the members was beyond happy to be able to purchase it. In hindsight we probably let it go for to cheap but knowing he is going to restore it and get it back on the road is good enough for me.

While your truck isn't particularly rare (the sweptside is the one with the station wagon fenders, that's very rare and expensive), it's a good start for somebody and I'm glad you were willing to let it go without having visions of grandeur about pricing. Here are 3 trucks in good condition with the Sweptside asking $45K http://cars.oodle.com/1957-dodge/for-sale/trucks/