1962 Buick Invicta with Wildcat Package / aka 62 wildcat

Guest 62wildcat

Guest 62wildcat

Hello,

I'm selling the car I just got from my grandmother. It has 40,060 original miles and has been a California car it's entire life. It's been repainted once and has the original drivetrain. Bucket seats/ tack / ac - all original car. Any questions - let me know.

THIS CAR IS SOLD - HEADED FROM SEA TO SHINING SEA ... Cali to S.E. CANADA > Newfoundland!

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s1164.photobucket.com/user/ryanclink/embed/Mobile%20Uploads/story"></iframe>

post-104123-143142979629_thumb.jpg

post-104123-143142979632_thumb.jpg

post-104123-143142979634_thumb.jpg

post-104123-143142979638_thumb.jpg

post-104123-143142979642_thumb.jpg

Edited by 62wildcat (see edit history)

Guest 62wildcat

What else can I say? Freshly rebuilt Rochester 4Jet carb. Brand new brakes - all dialed in and rebuilt wheel bearings. For those of you that would like to see me clean under the hood, I can shoot a can of gunk all over the place and knock off the dust. New Gas Tank... no rust underneath the car - all original sheet metal - new exhaust system - Runs like a top.

More pictures to come after I clean the engine compartment.

Guest 62wildcat

The transmission has a slow leak given it's not been driven much. Threw some bar's leak in recently and it's slowed considerably.. been driving it more and it's shaping up.

The A/C is working - charge is low however. Slightly cold... not as cold as it should be.

Car is in California - Orange County - which is not terribly close to NY hahaha

i'll try to get my car on a lift. I don't have any pictures at current.

Hi, 62wildcat.....a cordial suggestion: DON'T clean the engine compartment, especially with GUNK and a hose. Just leave this low mileage engine compartment "as is". There may be stickers, decals, paper labels, chalk marks, etc., only found on a good original car, that could be lost forever in any casual engine compartment cleaning attempt. A buyer who appreciates originality (which I believe you are selling) will look past any dirt and dust under the hood! John

Guest 62wildcat

Good news John, is that I work with a bunch of shipping companies and can get a good deal on freight. If you're interested in exploring what it would cost to get the car out there - i'm game to find out.

As much as I would love to have your car, I can't do it 62. I just bought a car from Oregon last summer, and had a shed built to house it at home. I no longer have space in my yard for another storage unit. And for a few months I tried a garage storage unit at an apartment complex in my town for the GS. It's probably ok but I found it very difficult to have one of my cars so far away. So I am sorry, but I can't make this purchase.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 62wildcat

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s1164.photobucket.com/user/ryanclink/embed/Mobile%20Uploads/story"></iframe>

I have added more photos for you all to look at. I would have removed the carpet from the rear but it's glued down. I'm sure it's obvious it's not rusty as the rest of the car is super clean clearly.

Edited by 62wildcat (see edit history)

http://s1164.photobucket.com/user/ryanclink/library/Mobile%20Uploads?sort=3&page=1

I have added more photos for you all to look at. I would have removed the carpet from the rear but it's glued down. I'm sure it's obvious it's not rusty as the rest of the car is super clean clearly.

Album is private. Can't see.

Ben

Guest 62wildcat

Everything is NORTHEAST of Southern California! :cool:

I would say I stand to be corrected but I am sitting - So - I sit corrected!