door jam switches

Guest rls65rls

Guest rls65rls

does anyone know where to find good working door jam switches, I got two from a guy for $40.00 and they were both junk,(shorted out, and fell apart,) again thanks for any help.

does anyone know where to find good working door jam switches, I got two from a guy for $40.00 and they were both junk,(shorted out, and fell apart,) again thanks for any help.

They were junk from the factory and have a high failure rate. I have bought NOS units still in the wrapper only to have them fail in short order. They can be rebuilt with much better materials as long as you have good cores. ROA member Paul Meltzer rebuilt these units for years but no longer has an ad for his services. I had mine rebuilt years ago and they never failed after I had them done. From what I have read, a person by the name of Gordon Wolfgang rebuilds them now. There is an add in the ROA Riview regarding rebuilding services.

Pat, I took over for Paul, and I am also an ROA member. I use the same supplier he used for years for the plunger contact now. Anyone interested PM me or call me, my number is in the Riview.

Basically, I take your core and rebuild it with new parts if the core is good enough (and most of the ones I have received and rebuilt have been good enough to rebuild). All you have to do is send me the cores with a check for $15/per switch. I will rebuild them and ship them back to you. Return Shipping is free in the USA, and I charge actual shipping to other global locations. I also welcome any switch parts or cores in bad shape if you want to send them my way - I can usually salvage parts to use in the rebuilding process. I look at it as kind of a pay it forward process.

Rock On

gord

thanks pat, I have to contact Gordon, he says you can contact him thru the review, not sure what the review is but Gordon could contact me thru thanks again an e mail at 65rivrls@gmail.com thanks again

The Riview is the magazine published by the Riviera Owners Association. Information on the ROA is in the link in my signature. Best $30 you can spend on your Riviera. Articles, tech help, Q&A, showcases, classifieds, if it has to do with ownership of a Riviera, you'll want to be a part of it.

Ed

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)