1928 President Robe Rail $$$

Guest dalestern

Guest dalestern

OK now. Who has a '28 Robe Rail either for sale, or that I can pay handsomly to make a mold of and get right back to you. Don't make me beg too much (I will)

Guest dalestern

Hello RBK and all my fellow Studebake enthusiasts.

Yes. To be clear, I need to 2 brackets that go on the back of the front seat. From what I understand, it was a design that only serviced the 1928 President. Can anyone verify and hopefully help me find them or a way to copy and make them as I have done on other parts of the car.

Thank you for the help.

DS

Hi Dale, I have been looking for the part from when I saw your post.I move from the farm and sold my business to take care of Alexis She has Lewy Body Dementia. all the stuff from both are in my garage so it is full. I did find the bracket from one side that is broke in two pieces but good detail for casting.The one that came from yours went on one of the other two 1928 FB sedans That I had.I do Have some other parts from those. I kept the 1922 EL special 6 touring.Thanks Phil

Guest dalestern

Hello Phil. I sent you a private message. I hope that you recieved it.

It's been quite a journey but I've come a long long way with the '28FB. It was taken down to the frame. Every single part, big and small, has been touched and restored to original, but better than original. My hope is to have a perfect 2015 "1928 President. All exterior parts were rechromed, all interior parts were renickeled. I found an amazing woodgrainer, a fantastic upholstery man that has worked on cars at Pebble Beach. Final assembly should take place in August at the latest, but before that I'll have a list of 20 missing small parts that I'll be needing to finish her. I love her so much Phil. You definitely gave her to the right person. Thanks for the experience.

"Yes, if you real do have a '28 President robe rail bracket that I can give to the foundry here to reproduce, it would be amazing. I'll send it right back to you. Let me know what I can do to help with that as I know how busy you are with things on your end.

With gratitude and respect.

Dale

It would be good if we can make a permanent archive with pictures of the different robe rail brackets that were used on all models of Studebakers.

I have had numerous requests for these over the years because they break easily.

http://forums.aaca.org/f126/1929-commander-parts-information-request-366060.html

http://forums.aaca.org/f119/robe-rail-rope-hardware-window-shade-378557.html

Edited by rbk (see edit history)