50-53 buick roadmaster vent post

Guest fatman763

Guest fatman763

Hello,

I was wondering if there would be anybody on this site that would be willing to help me ID some vent post for a 50-53 Buick Road master. I think the 50-53 Cadillac vent post are the same except for the mirror mounting holes. Could give part numbers and photo's if anybody was

willing to help.

Thanks,

Fatman

Guest fatman763

Al thanks for your reply,

They would be the B-post the pot metal pieces. My part numbers are T-98174 it is the drivers side this one has the large stainless wind deflector on top. T-99116 drivers side does not have the large stainless wind deflector, and 4152327 passenger side and does not have

the large stainless wind deflector.All three of these differ slightly at the top which I will effect the year and model they fit.I am sure that

all three of these are from either the 50-53 hardtop 46r models or convertible 56c models. I do not mean to go into a information overload

but I know the door glass fit for these cars shows as 50-51 ht/conv and 52-53 ht/ conv. I work in a glass shop and the glass patterns

are exactly the same for these two. I believe the difference is where the the upper door glass frame meets the vent post (part B)

one is cut at a 90% angle and one is cut at a 45% angle to where it would meet to the top of the vent post. That is also reflected in the vent post I have here trying to ID.

Again I thank you and hope this is not to much for this site.

Fatman

[ATTACH=CONFIG]295377[/ATTACH]

Al Malachowski

BCA #8965

"500 Miles West of Flint"

.....They would be the B-post the pot metal pieces. My part numbers are T-98174 it is the drivers side this one has the large stainless wind deflector on top. T-99116 drivers side does not have the large stainless wind deflector, and 4152327 passenger side and does not have the large stainless wind deflector......]

Glad to help out but I'm a little confused.

• I'm assuming you have a 1953 76R. Correct?

• Your T-98174 and T-99116 numbers are casting numbers and are not numbers that a Buick Parts Book identifies with. You would have to compare casting numbers with other Roadmaster owners. All my window parts are for a 1953 76X.....not as tall as the 56R or 76R.

• You say you're looking for the pot metal pieces of the B-post. Are you looking for Item "B," the front door ventilator (also known as the vent window) or the front door ventilator frame? Two separate parts numbers.

• If I read you correctly, you are saying Part #4152327 is for the passenger side of an unknown Buick year. My BUICK MASTER BODY PARTS Book lists this as the front door ventilator frame for the left (driver's) side from either a 1953 Buick Model 56C or 76C. See attached pic. Note that the convertible frames are different than the two-door hardtop frames for 1953 and are a one-year only item......no interchanges with either Oldsmobile or Cadillac is noted.

post-41556-143142976476_thumb.jpg

Let me know if this is what you're looking for. Thanks.

Al Malachowski

BCA #8965

Guest fatman763

Al thank you for your information. The problem is that I don't know what I have. All I know is I have three different B parts the ventilator. I Think they

are for 50-53 Buick roadmasters. Now thanks to Your help,I have one that I know for sure the correct fit is the 4152327 LH 1953 56C/76C convert's.

Your help also helped me ID a couple of Cadillac ventilator pieces I have. The part numbers on them are 4152326 rh and 4152327 lh they are the sames as the Buick's only they do not have the mirror mounting holes drilled in them.

Al I would like to thank you again.

Fatman

Thanks for the PM.

My Post #4 pic was for the ventilator frame surround.

The following three pics address the ventilator window. Thought these may be helpful with interchange info and what is similar amongst 1950-1953 Buicks.

post-41556-143142976611_thumb.jpg

post-41556-143142976617_thumb.jpg

post-41556-143142976621_thumb.jpg

Al Malachowski

BCA #8965