31 cadillac headlight question

tonyp

when I bought the car 1 headlight rim has a screw at the top on the other headlight the screw is missing but the rim still is securely on the headlight.I noticed some headlight door springs on ebay and wondering is there a trick to removing the rim after the screw is taken out.i've bought a crossbar and emblem and would like to install but don't want to damage a lens or rim/springs.any help appreciated

guess I need to order those was told silicone would work but grommets would be better so long as they are a good fit.still no replies on the bezel question I have my suspicions its somehow glued in place but no residue is visible.

You will have a very hard time adjusting your lights if it is filled in solid. I know on a 1930 you have a T lock at the bottom to unfasten and a slot at the top. The springs hold the lens in the ring so that should not affect what you are doing as you can leave that together. I think I would take the complete one apart first and that will give you some idea on effort on taking the ring off.

You could use a pencil eraser and carve that up if you wanted and just colour it black with a marker to make a bushing.

Edited by Joe in Canada (see edit history)