1909 Post Card, what's the car?

Guest bchevy

1902 or 1903 Curved Dash Oldsmobile, the truss rods on the axles didn't appear until later in 1902 I believe.......single cylinder, tiller steering, that's the starter crank directly below the seat....appears this one had the rare K9 option...

Surely there's a CDO expert out there that can tell us the chronology of wheel use on these cars.

In the last picture, I'd say those were late 1902 cars, with truss rods added to the rear but none on the front. I had an early 1902, with fantastic original running gear, and it had no truss rods. Both those cars have truss rods on the rear, note that the front axle on the car to the right sure needs it!

I have a staggered wheel laying around, and it's fun just to look at!

Thats a cool postcard. I've got seven binders full of antique car postcards -been collecting for more than 25 years but have only a few CDO photo-type. Steve is the expert and it shouldn't take him too long to pick up on this thread to comment on the chronology of the wheels. I do believe the staggared spoke with wooden wagon-wheel style hub was used first tho. I visited Bill Calimer's shop a couple of years ago and he was making a set for someone and was showing me the staggared spoke and hub arrangements.

Terry