I want to take wedding pictures with a 1920's car!!! Will pay cash.. Cleveland Ohio area

Guest Harleysoftail

Guest Harleysoftail

Anyone in the Cleveland Ohio area that is interested in loaning me and my fiance your car for about an hour on May 16th? I don't want to drive it...well actually i would love to drive it, but that's not what i need. I would just like to take some pictures with the car. Not necessarily inside of it, if that was a problem. We are doing an art deco..20's themed wedding, and i would love to take some black and white photos with a legitimate 20's car.. I have had numerous collectible cars and motorcycles, but have never had anything from that era.. The wedding is on the 16th of may, and it is at a suburb east of Cleveland Ohio. I would be more than happy to pay CASH if someone is interested... Thanks :cool:

Guest AlCapone

Although my cars are not available ( I am in Canada ), several of my cars have been used for that purpose. They of course can not be driven because of insurance complications. On several occasions the photographer has used an antique shade to the coloring of the photographs and the bridal party dressed in period correct outfits. Let me assure you that you won't be disappointed.

good luck, Wayne

The A.A.C.A. has "regions" (local groups) all over the country, and certainly

in that part of Ohio.

I would suggest contacting the national A.A.C.A. office in Hershey, Pa. at

(717) 534-1910. Ask them what region(s) serve your area, and they

should be happy to put you in touch with someone from those regions.

Making local contact may be most fruitful; and be persistent with the

region if need be, so your request doesn't get forgotten.

I hope someone from the Forum answers your need, too. All the best to you!

I live 240 miles from you, I am sure you will find some one local. Ten years ago my daughters best friend was married & I was requested to take them from the wedding to the reception. The photographer charged a flat fee to take all the photos and charged by each photo printed. He must have taken 25 photos of the car and another 250 or so of everyone he could get to stand still. I am including a couple of photos I took while he was working.

post-41405-143142972444_thumb.jpg

post-41405-143142972432_thumb.jpg

post-41405-143142972439_thumb.jpg

Guest AlCapone
I wish I was close by.......I'd be all over that.......(rides too)........I refuse to live in fear of lawyers........ :mad:

I am a law professor by profession. Let me assure you it is not the lawyer you should fear. It is the judge you should fear because he makes the award because your insurance company is not liable. If anyone entertains a photo oppportunity with a ride, please, please check with your insurance company first to ensure that you have Liability insurance and are covered in the event of a claim and an award. Wayne

Guest Templar Recruiter
Anyone in the Cleveland Ohio area that is interested in loaning me and my fiance your car for about an hour on May 16th? I don't want to drive it...well actually i would love to drive it, but that's not what i need. I would just like to take some pictures with the car. Not necessarily inside of it, if that was a problem. We are doing an art deco..20's themed wedding, and i would love to take some black and white photos with a legitimate 20's car.. I have had numerous collectible cars and motorcycles, but have never had anything from that era.. The wedding is on the 16th of may, and it is at a suburb east of Cleveland Ohio. I would be more than happy to pay CASH if someone is interested... Thanks :cool:

Harleysoftail-

Good Morning!

I am located on the Westside of Cleveland (Lakewood)

and would be glad to talk to about your request. Call

me on my cell and leave a message (216)-392-3000.

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Dave Buehler

Templar Motors Factory Display

13000 Athens Avenue

Lakewood, Ohio 4410

www.templarmotors.com

I am a law professor by profession. Let me assure you it is not the lawyer you should fear. It is the judge you should fear because he makes the award because your insurance company is not liable. If anyone entertains a photo oppportunity with a ride, please, please check with your insurance company first to ensure that you have Liability insurance and are covered in the event of a claim and an award. Wayne

Sorry Wayne......I should have mentioned for free.

When someone asks if they can have a ride in any of my cars I can't say no.

I've met a lot of nice people due to the cars....... :)

(and yes......I do have liability coverage)

Guest AlCapone
Sorry Wayne......I should have mentioned for free.

When someone asks if they can have a ride in any of my cars I can't say no.

I've met a lot of nice people due to the cars....... :)

(and yes......I do have liability coverage)

No need to say sorry to a friend. The liability I spoke of was the liability appropriate To using the car for gain. Not personal liability. My reason for accentuating the point is that insurance companies are enforcing their rules to the letter of the law. Most policies are very explicit that you can not use the vehicle for any commercial purpose. When I challenged an appraiser and said I was only getting a free chair at the dinner he said the vehicle was therefore used for gain. He stated that without allowing the vehicle to be used I would not be invited to the dinner. I am not saying I agree with them, I vehemently oppose theis but the ball is in their court so to speak. Regards and still friends, Wayne

Edited by AlCapone (see edit history)

No need to say sorry to a friend. The liability I spoke of was the liability appropriate To using the car for gain. Not personal liability. My reason for accentuating the point is that insurance companies are enforcing their rules to the letter of the law. Most policies are very explicit that you can not use the vehicle for any commercial purpose. When I challenged an appraiser and said I was only getting a free chair at the dinner he said the vehicle was therefore used for gain. He stated that without allowing the vehicle to be used I would not be invited to the dinner. I am not saying I agree with them, I vehemently oppose the but the ball is in their court so to speak. Regards and still friends, Wayne

Pity you lucked out and got a total stickler....... :mad: ........there is another word I'd use in a different venue....... ;)

Calling a meal "gain" is beyond ridiculous but, yes, the ball is in their court.

You should have told him you weren't going to eat....... :rolleyes:

Guest Harleysoftail

Hi Dave...I left you a voicemail the other day, I was curious if you got it or not.. i noticed it was a shared mailbox. Look forward to hearing back from you.. hope we can work something out, or maybe you know of someone who could take me up on my offer. Thanks again

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Harleysoftail

Just going to re post this, as i was unable to find anyone so far willing to help me out. I am serious about paying cash.. let me know if your interested, and you can name your price... Thanks

• 4 weeks later...